No news Is Good news?

Old September 22nd 06, 06:28 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Pete Reinhart

Default No news Is Good news?

No updates on SSA website since 9/13.
Is no news really good news or does it mean there's more bad news on the way
and nobody wants to talk about it?
Cheers!

--
Pete Reinhart
Austin, Texas

Old September 22nd 06, 10:12 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Doug Haluza

There have been updates via the SSA eNews, which is available by email
sunscription on the SSA web site. The main news is that the endowment
funds are still intact, and will be used for loans to pay the debt.
Also, NM is not charging interest and penalties. I wouldn't expect to
see any major updates until after the Sep 30 Board Meeting, though.

Old September 22nd 06, 11:26 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
jke

Problem solved.

Keep HQ in Hobbs.

Work with Feds to arrange housing for CFO and ED across the runway in
the big house.

Negotiate with Feds to allow these folks to work on SSA matters rather
in the laundry.

Reduce salarys to reflect reduced costs for housing and living
expenses.

Apply income earned to the SSA losses.

Discontinue Where In The World Is Dennis in the Magazine. We now know.

Put more interesting information in the magazine to attract new
subscribers.

Old September 23rd 06, 04:21 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
KM

Doug Haluza wrote:
There have been updates via the SSA eNews, which is available by email
sunscription on the SSA web site.

Doug, where did you get this.Is it just more of your fiction?I am a
subscriber, and I have not recieved an update either.If you have one
could you post it on RAS?

The main news is that the endowment
funds are still intact, and will be used for loans to pay the debt.

Where did you hear about the status of the endowment funds?

I wouldn't expect to
see any major updates until after the Sep 30 Board Meeting, though.

Who told you this?

Cheers
KM

Old September 23rd 06, 04:32 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Wayne Paul

KM,

I just checked the SSA website. This is the latest eNEWS posting related to
the financial crisis:
http://www.ssa.org/download/ssa_enews_09_13_2006.pdf

Respectfully,
"6F"
http://www.soaridaho.com/Schreder/N990_Near_Arco.jpg

"KM" wrote in message
ps.com...

Old September 23rd 06, 05:23 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
KM

Wayne Paul wrote:
KM,

I just checked the SSA website. This is the latest eNEWS posting related to
the financial crisis:

Wayne,
Thanks, but I think this was the update the original poster was
refering to.Doug had implied (Like he ussually does ;-) that there had
been further updates.If doug does have further updates from the board,
I was hoping he might post them.
Sincerely,
KM