Video clip of an "interesting" final approach & landing

Old October 6th 07, 01:08 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Elmo von Thud

Default Video clip of an "interesting" final approach & landing

Said video clip can be located at:

http://www.metacafe.com/watch/746851/what_a_pilot/

Elmo
Old October 6th 07, 09:59 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Guybrush Threepwood

Elmo von Thud wrote:
Said video clip can be located at:

http://www.metacafe.com/watch/746851/what_a_pilot/

Elmo

WOW!!!!! Not bad.

--

Gruß Guybrush

Mails landen im Mülleimer!

Old October 6th 07, 01:45 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Elmo von Thud

On Sat, 6 Oct 2007 10:59:32 +0200, "Guybrush Threepwood"
wrote:

Elmo von Thud wrote:
Said video clip can be located at:

http://www.metacafe.com/watch/746851/what_a_pilot/

Elmo

WOW!!!!! Not bad.

I agree. But wait! There's more!!! I just found some footage on the
same site (poor quality) which shows a DC-9 (?) landing so hard that
even though the undercarriage holds up, the whole fuselage flexes
violently and the tail section breaks off!

I've never seen any thing like it:

http://www.metacafe.com/watch/716035/how_not_to_land/

Elmo
Old October 7th 07, 12:54 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Tony Harrison

That was part of certification testing (i.e. no pax on board!!!)

They may want to beef up the tail assembly if that was flown by the
correct certification profile...