Pawnee/Tost STC

Old March 17th 08, 07:45 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Mike125

Default Pawnee/Tost STC

Is there an STC for installing a Tost release on a Pawnee?
Old March 18th 08, 01:45 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Not that we can find. Our club has just gone through the hoops to get
tost hooks on our Pawnees. Extensive research could not find a STC.
You have to go the 337 route.
Old March 18th 08, 03:03 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

On Mar 17, 8:45*pm, Mike125 wrote:
Is there an STC for installing a Tost release on a Pawnee?

Did you try contacting Tost?

Bob
Old March 18th 08, 05:27 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Tim Mara

I have all of the TOST supplied documents on my website page with these
systems.
1st there is no STC for the installation....never has been, the parts and
installation are covered by ESA, JTSO, and FORM One approval and
installations based on TOST documents......yes, you do need a 337 for the
installation.....any installation to modify an aircraft from it's original
purpose....it's been done 100's of times installting TOST and other tow
releases on Pawnees and others...that is just what you have to do....we've
done it on our Pawnees here and had no difficulty getting the FSDO to accept
them
tim