Anyone know what happened to Sky Life Flying Camp?

Old December 12th 18, 03:01 AM posted to rec.aviation.misc

Default Anyone know what happened to Sky Life Flying Camp?

I was there. I remember exactly how that happened. I was in the bunk house the night they came and got you and took you over to Jay and Bills cabin. Then when you came back you had the wealts on you butt. I have that night forever burned i to my memory. Cant imagine how it was for you.
Glad hes dead and Jay and Bill probably are as traumatized as the rest of the victims of Lees reign of terror
Old January 18th 19, 11:22 PM posted to rec.aviation.misc

On Tuesday, December 11, 2018 at 9:01:09 PM UTC-5, wrote:
I was there. I remember exactly how that happened. I was in the bunk house the night they came and got you and took you over to Jay and Bills cabin. Then when you came back you had the wealts on you butt. I have that night forever burned i to my memory. Cant imagine how it was for you.
Glad hes dead and Jay and Bill probably are as traumatized as the rest of the victims of Lees reign of terror

Just reading this for the first time. I still have and use my original flight log with "Sky-Life Flying Club" embossed in gold on the outside. I attended camps in 69 and 70. Got paddled once for doing something stupid but did not see or was aware of the other situation described in this thread.
We all remember where we were when man landed on the moon. Well, I was at the camp. I was a space nut as a teen so I brought a small 10 inch TV up with me and I still remember we plugged it into an outlet outside the latrine and watched a small black and white picture of the July 1969 event.
Don
Old March 3rd 19, 07:56 PM posted to rec.aviation.misc

On Friday, January 18, 2019 at 2:22:47 PM UTC-8, wrote:
[...]

Wow it is amazing to read this thread. And very sad. My memory is that I was in the club during 1970 - 1972. I went through ground school, took a few lessons, and went to camp for a few weekends. I was actually a member through Aviation Explorer Post 2004. I still value what I learned from being a member of the club and I didn't experience anything inappropriate. Always wondered what happened to Lee, Sky Life, and 05Sierra.

"Rocky"
Old April 10th 19, 09:07 PM posted to rec.aviation.misc
Ed

On Sunday, March 3, 2019 at 12:56:34 PM UTC-6, wrote:
[...]

Wow, amazed to find this! Was inputting my fist logbook into electronic format
and the first entry was 1/80 in a GAT 1 Trainer at Skylife. Thought Id Google Skylife to see what the end result was and this is where I landed.

I was one of many AHS kids who came up on weekends and spent time there for two summers. The summer of 82 ended abruptly for talking too much to my Instructor Marc Poline (anyone know where he's at?) in the chicken coop. Didn't realize we were being spied on. I was part of the club and was initiated.. Went on camping trips.....you know the rest. It wasn't until years later that a coworker at Pan Am talked to me about reporting Lee. We went to the NYS police in the World Trade Center and were told the complaint was old with no evidence.
Haven't told a soul for for nearly 30 years...….until recently when my wife and I took some random quiz that asked about being abused as a child and she asked what my answer was...….

I have had a great life as a pilot and mechanic and have traveled all over the globe in the front of some amazing aircraft......very lucky!!

It all started on the 2400ft stip in Northville, too bad the story starts with a monster and his henchmen that enabled him.

Any body else attend in 80-82?

Ed