Explain these acronyms please (TTA, TSMOH...)

Old April 14th 19, 12:37 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Default Explain these acronyms please (TTA, TSMOH...)

On Thursday, June 26, 1997 at 3:00:00 AM UTC-4, Andrew M. Sarangan wrote:
Folks,

What's with all these acronyms in for-sale ads ? I am considering buying an
airplane, and I still don't understand much of the terminology used in
aircraft sale ads.

For instance, what are TTA, TSMOH, TSTOH, TSPOH ? I realize they have
something to do with engine overhaul times but I don't know much beyond that.

Also, when it comes to avionics in the airplane, they start reeling off
the make and model numbers without a pause. For example what is a
KX155 w/KI 209 (LOC/GS) ? How about a TKM MK11 ? Are these supposed to
mean something to me ?

What's wrong with full word descriptions ? I think the internet
is fully capable of handling a few extra characters When you are trying
to sell a $50,000 piece of equipment I don't think it is unreasonable to
expect a detailed description!

Pardon my ignorance if these are well known acronyms....

--
Andrew Sarangan
PhD, PP-ASEL

Andrew could you please explain the acronyms after your name.
Old April 15th 19, 05:40 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Larry Dighera

On Sat, 13 Apr 2019 16:37:07 -0700 (PDT), wrote:

[...]

It's unofficial shorthand for "Private Pilot" privileges for category:
"Aircraft," class: "Single-engine Land," granted by the FAA to the
Airmans Certificate holder.

How would you explain this to the insurance company? Alan Erskine[_3_] Aviation Photos 2 April 23rd 08 11:09 PM
Can someone explain this? AJ Piloting 4 November 29th 05 08:53 PM
An odd clearance...can anyone explain? Andrew Gideon Instrument Flight Rules 32 September 18th 04 09:35 PM
Please explain T3 Military Aviation 28 November 15th 03 12:11 AM
Can anyone explain what TFR's are supposed to do? Corky Scott Piloting 33 October 23rd 03 12:42 PM