MSNBC Sucks !

Old June 7th 04, 12:36 AM
vincent p. norris

BBC coverage was superb

That's because the BBC is NOT a commercial network.

Commercial networks are in business to make a profit by selling
advertising time. Serving the audience is not their purpose.

Read Nicholas Johnson's _How to Talk Back to Your TV Set_.

vince norris
Old June 7th 04, 04:11 AM
Tom Sixkiller

"vincent p. norris" wrote in message
BBC coverage was superb

That's because the BBC is NOT a commercial network.

Commercial networks are in business to make a profit by selling
advertising time. Serving the audience is not their purpose.

Read Nicholas Johnson's _How to Talk Back to Your TV Set_.

And without competition, the rest of their programming is brain-dead.

Old June 7th 04, 01:39 PM
OtisWinslow

Someone (Consumer Reports?) should provide a reference of how the
different networks stack up as to number of minutes of programming vs
number of minutes of advertising per hour.

"me" wrote in message

I have to vent..

Was anybody else trying to watch the coverage of the d-day ceremonies ?

MSNBC is supposedly covering the d day ceremonies in France. The focus
should be on the event and the men and woman who fought then not the
reporters or the tv program....

The reporters will not shut up and they just cut away from the program

were
old warbirds ( c-47, Spitfires, etc..) were flying over the beaches to go

bulls**t programming they can show later.

If you feel the way I do call msnbc at (201) 583-5000 and tell them what

you
think..

Sorry for taking the bandwidth..

Old June 7th 04, 09:00 PM
gatt

Sad. I thought the breaking-news broadcast was interesting. They treated
D-Day as if it was happening right now and reported "live", with embedded
journalists on the phone, expert former Generals who mispronounced names
"RomMELL", just as they have been doing with the Iraq war. Was very
fascinating. Too bad they missed the warbirds. Doesn't everybody?

Old June 7th 04, 09:42 PM
Theorem

HJK wrote:

Fox does news as well?

Not really.
Old June 8th 04, 12:13 AM
MikeM

Tom Sixkiller wrote:
"vincent p. norris" wrote in message

BBC coverage was superb

That's because the BBC is NOT a commercial network.

Commercial networks are in business to make a profit by selling
advertising time. Serving the audience is not their purpose.

Read Nicholas Johnson's _How to Talk Back to Your TV Set_.

And without competition, the rest of their programming is brain-dead.

And I suppose "Survivor", "Joe Millionaire", etal isn't Brain Dead????

(I think R's are brain-dead!)

Old June 8th 04, 12:47 AM
vincent p. norris

BBC coverage was superb

That's because the BBC is NOT a commercial network.

And without competition, the rest of their programming is brain-dead.

Some of the best programs on U.S. TV were copied from the BBC.

vince norris
Old June 8th 04, 12:48 AM
me

Well I just pointed out the warbirds to keep it in context with these
forums.

But what really got me mad was that the time they cut away was when they
were doing the multimedia number in front of the big screens it was a time
line count up of the years showing the war and the occupation of Europe when
they got to 1941 (not sure of the exact year they cut away) or so they cut
away from the broadcast completely ignoring the years of d-day and the
liberation of Europe. In other words they skipped the whole point of the
ceremony. "F" the people at Msnbc who were in charge of that show..

Old June 8th 04, 01:42 PM
S Green

"MikeM" wrote in message
Tom Sixkiller wrote:
"vincent p. norris" wrote in message

BBC coverage was superb

That's because the BBC is NOT a commercial network.

Commercial networks are in business to make a profit by selling
advertising time. Serving the audience is not their purpose.

Read Nicholas Johnson's _How to Talk Back to Your TV Set_.

And without competition, the rest of their programming is brain-dead.

And I suppose "Survivor", "Joe Millionaire", etal isn't Brain Dead????

(I think R's are brain-dead!)

Ok ITV ( the Uk commercial network) coverage was equally as good then only
the presenters were different

Old June 8th 04, 05:07 PM
C J Campbell

"HJK" wrote in message news:FeMwc.60450$Ly.43183@attbi_s01...

Fox does news as well?

If you believe that anyone does news better than Fox, you are seriously
deluded. It is all garbage.