Pilot walks away from crash near Manchester, NH airport

Old November 8th 05, 04:08 PM

Default Pilot walks away from crash near Manchester, NH airport

Turned on the TV this morning and caught breaking news of Embraer 100
crash near (1 mile north) of KMHT. The pilot walked out of the
wreckage moments before it exploded. Local news reported that the plane
took off and immediately requested an emergency landing. Witnesses
report one engine was out. One fellow (claiming some knowledge about
aircraft) said he noted that one prop was not spinning, and he said it
sounded like he was full throttle at that point. He also said the
plane was one wing low on a 45 degree angle. The plane crashed at
7:20am, five minutes after declaring the emergency.

Winds were reported calm at the time, but were NW yesterday and are NW
now. I'm guessing (?) he took off from RWY 35, and was attempting to
return to RWY 17. One witness hypothesized that the pilot may have
attempted to set down in the Walmart parking lot where he crashed.

http://portsmouthherald.com/news/spe...1_8special.htm

Mike

Old November 8th 05, 05:56 PM
Steve Foley

If it had to hit a store, I'm glad it was Wal-Mart.

oups.com...

Old November 8th 05, 07:19 PM
Skylune

by "Steve Foley" Nov 8, 2005 at 05:56 PM

If it had to hit a store, I'm glad it was Wal-Mart.

wrote in message
oups.com...
Turned on the TV this morning and caught breaking news of Embraer 100
crash near (1 mile north) of KMHT."

Me too!

Did you notice it was the second crash in NH involving this same freight
carrier this year? The guy that got killed in January was operating IFR
in really soupy conditions and ran into a mountain a little north of this
incident. Weird.

Old November 8th 05, 07:36 PM
John Doe

Great. More good press for GA.

Old November 8th 05, 10:05 PM
Kyle Boatright

"John Doe" wrote in message
Great. More good press for GA.

To be shrugged off as "Yep, a plane crashed into a store. Certainly
something to be avoided, but not necessarily a catastrophic situation."

KB

Old November 8th 05, 10:06 PM
Bushleague

Heck, half of all pilots shop at Walmart. In fact, half of
America shops at Walmart.

Bush

On Tue, 08 Nov 2005 17:56:15 GMT, "Steve Foley"
wrote:

If it had to hit a store, I'm glad it was Wal-Mart.

roups.com...

Old November 8th 05, 10:13 PM
Bushleague

Is this GA, or Far Part 135? AirNow used to be named Business Air. We
flew a bunch of UPS contracts for them in the 80's after they trashed
a couple of airplanes. "Robin Ou****er is a nice looking milf" says
Jim Hill in another interview, at the bar.

Bush

On Tue, 8 Nov 2005 14:36:56 -0500, "John Doe"
wrote:

Great. More good press for GA.

Old November 8th 05, 10:29 PM
W P Dixon

Yeah,
And we will all be working there before it's over! Only jobs left in the
USA...WalMart !!!!

Patrick
student SP
aircraft structural mech

wrote:

If it had to hit a store, I'm glad it was Wal-Mart.

groups.com...

Old November 8th 05, 10:53 PM
Tom Conner

"W P Dixon" wrote in message
Yeah,
And we will all be working there before it's over! Only jobs left in the
USA...WalMart !!!!

No, congress will expand the H-1B program to allow highly trained foreign
workers to be bought into this country for the WalMart jobs, since the CEO
will complain there are not enough American workers for the jobs.

NTSB: USAF included? Larry Dighera Piloting 10 September 11th 05 10:33 AM
Sport Pilot pilots not insurable? Blueskies Piloting 14 July 12th 05 05:45 AM
Yet another A36 crash H.P. Piloting 10 April 23rd 05 05:58 PM
Pilot Error? Is it Mr. Damron? Badwater Bill Home Built 3 June 23rd 04 04:05 PM