Gordon's San Diego Air & Space Museum pics : IMGP0049

Old January 5th 07, 09:49 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Dave Kearton

Default Gordon's San Diego Air & Space Museum pics : IMGP0049

--

Cheers

Dave Kearton

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMGP0049.JPG
Views:	139
Size:	127.9 KB
ID:	3955
Old January 5th 07, 06:33 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Phil Rhodes

Wow, very cool. Bob Prescott was the origional president of the Flying Tiger
Line, having helped start that company after the war. FedEx bought us in
1989, and I see that little card under the wing....

"Dave Kearton" wrote in message

Cheers

Dave Kearton

Old January 6th 07, 04:53 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Dave Kearton

Phil Rhodes wrote:
Wow, very cool. Bob Prescott was the origional president of the
Flying Tiger Line, having helped start that company after the war.
FedEx bought us in 1989, and I see that little card under the wing....

Gordon's response

"When FedEx bought out Flying Tigers, the contract said, "all of the
company's assets, including all aircraft." FedEx was a bit surprised when,
among all of the heavies and regional jets, the list included a frickin
P-40! It is the one true "Flyer" in our collection - install the battery
and hit the starter button and its ready to go tangle with some Oscars. I
am the Plane Captain on that lovely bird. FedEx comes to our museum a
couple times a year and cycles the hydraulics, raise the gear, etc. to make
sure everything is in perfect running order. I -love- that aircraft. "

--

Cheers

Dave Kearton