The aviation art of Michael Turner - [email protected] (2/2)

Old April 16th 08, 09:08 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation

Default The aviation art of Michael Turner - [email protected] (2/2)

On Wed, 16 Apr 2008 17:59:47 +0200, Hans Holbein
wrote:

If they only were not multipart....

I'd give a decent newsreader like Forté Agent a spin...

Wilph
Old April 17th 08, 12:14 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation

wrote:

If they only were not multipart....

I'd give a decent newsreader like Forté Agent a spin...

The posts are rather small.
So why take TB users out?

I am following recommendations in the a.bsounds.mp3 FAQs which
recommend a line limit of 7500 to ensure propagation over some of the
more difficult nntp servers. The guidelines there have proven to be
effective for me.

Yenc would eliminate most of the multiparts as well, but may raise
other issues.

Wilph

I'd have no objections if somone with empathy for TB users reposts
these as single part messages....
Old April 17th 08, 09:17 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation

Default The aviation art of Michael Turner

On Thu, 17 Apr 2008 15:34:54 +0200, Hans Holbein
wrote:

snip

Jes, Y-enc is not liked in abpa since yenc posters usually lack of
social skills and flood all over.

I do hope that you are not representative of this NG as a whole.

While flood-type posters do make use of the yEnc rather than the uunet
protocol, many downloaders have by now realized that the greatest
benefit is to those with slow connects - they are able to download
almost twice the volume in equivalent time; thus displaying an amazing
tolerance for the poster that 'usually lack of sic social skills and
flood all over'.

As a scanner filling his 4th CD of images, I take care to include
comments with my posts and to not overload smaller NGs with these

I am not going to change my posting habits to oblige those who are
stuck in a different groove than I am ;-)

I may just take my marbles and go home... if there are no
countervailing opinions here. In that case, the remaining scans will
eventually appear in alt.binaries.amp (yEnc and without commentary).

Wilph
Old April 18th 08, 04:03 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation

wrote:

[...]

And do w/out commentary!!!

You once said to stop the hissey fit ... turn around is
fair play

Seriously, I'm sure there are enough people here who
value what you're posting, so please continue ... my
father was a test pilot for Fokker & worked for KLM,
so have always been interested in aviation ... I like
maritime stuff too

As for a line limit of 7500, I used to always use
7619 lines/480000 characters but several of my
posts broke into pieces where Agent thought 1
of the parts was empty so I changed it to 630000
characters/10000 lines ... think that also kept
some of the smaller Sundance fine-art scans from
posting in 2 parts ... guess I never changed it
back ... & probably won't until/unless I hear people
are having problems again ...

I understood a number of years back that some news
servers won't accept files over a certain size ... don't
know if that's still true ... if so, it's circumvented by
posting in segments ... but that also makes it hard for
news servers who really don't want to get into the
large binary business ...

Sj

Yup, I do remember my hissy fit accusation. It involved your
threatening to quit your home NG because some nitwit website lady (and
I'm not sure the 'lady' part applies) had purloined some of your scans
and omitted the artist's name and scanner-id among other heinous
crimes... ;-)

And, yup, I'm throwing my own fit. I may not even get around to the
Spitfires your father also flew....

I also recall a post of yours headed 'I scan, therefor I am'. Like
you, I scan essentially for my own pleasure and give less than an
amoeba's fart about who collects the images. Ah, that's true to a
large extent, but I try to remain polite, and I do oblige most
requests. It is my time, however, that was invested in the scans and,
ergo, my decision as to where I post them personally

I have no control over Talon, who obtains scans as they are released
in the IRC channels or from maillists and posts them as new to
ab.amp once or twice weekly.

II haven't made up my mind, but if I decide to post the remainder of
the commented scans elewhere, I'll leave a heads-up here.

Regards,
Wilph