A aviation & planes forum. AviationBanter

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   Home » AviationBanter forum » rec.aviation newsgroups » Soaring
Site Map Home Register Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

Audio recording software?

Old August 14th 16, 02:03 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
[email protected]
external usenet poster

Default Audio recording software?

I have an old spare radio and I was wondering if anyone knew of any PC or Mac based recording software that would only record when the radio received a transmission. I'd like to end up with a relatively short recording which is a summary of the radio traffic for the day.

Thanks,

Mark
Old August 14th 16, 02:42 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
[email protected]
external usenet poster

Audacity

http://www.audacityteam.org/

Robert

On Sunday, August 14, 2016 at 8:03:40 AM UTC-5, wrote:
I have an old spare radio and I was wondering if anyone knew of any PC or Mac based recording software that would only record when the radio received a transmission. I'd like to end up with a relatively short recording which is a summary of the radio traffic for the day.

Thanks,

Mark

Old August 14th 16, 02:59 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Tim Taylor
external usenet poster

I used an Android app several years ago to do that. I even had a time stamp on each one to keep track when they occurred. I think it was Smart Voice Recorder. Can be set up on a phone or tablet.
Old August 15th 16, 07:39 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Tomasz Sielicki
external usenet poster

Mark,

I did exactly what you want the software for with the 'Dictation Buddy', many years ago (14-15?). I see it is still there with an updated version (mine was 2.2), possibly with a small fee. It is quite simple to use yet flexible enough. What you need in the settings is the "Sound activation", where you can also set the sound level to trigger the recording start and stop.

I connected my Yaesu VXA-100 headphone output to the PC's microphone input and it worked perfectly.

It was quite interesting to review the glider pilots' radio chatter from a specific day in a condensed form.

Tomasz
BravoMike

Old August 15th 16, 11:06 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
[email protected]
external usenet poster

Thanks very much for the replies!