Terra 720 issue

Old August 19th 16, 02:36 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default Terra 720 issue

My "new" glider has a Terra 720 com. As i understand it, the channels have a 25khz spacing. But, it doesn't seem to transmit/receive on 123.075 (a perfectly fine channel w 25khz spacing), but is fine on 123.3.

Thoughts? (I know, i know... Buy a new com).

Old August 19th 16, 03:04 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Also: any recommendations on a com which would fit in a Terra space in the panel?
Old August 19th 16, 03:41 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Darryl Ramm

On Friday, August 19, 2016 at 7:04:11 AM UTC-7, wrote:
Also: any recommendations on a com which would fit in a Terra space in the panel?

Nothing you want is going to slide into that exact slot. Your job would be to make a Becker or Trig radio fit. The remote compact head on a Trig TY91 is likely to offer the easiest install.
Old August 19th 16, 05:15 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Steve Leonard[_2_]

On Friday, August 19, 2016 at 8:36:44 AM UTC-5, wrote:
My "new" glider has a Terra 720 com. As i understand it, the channels have a 25khz spacing. But, it doesn't seem to transmit/receive on 123.075 (a perfectly fine channel w 25khz spacing), but is fine on 123.3.

Thoughts? (I know, i know... Buy a new com).

I am assuming there is a reason 123.075 is important to you. I would assume you have checked to see that it is the .075 that isn't working? If that selector hadn't been used much, it could have light corrosion on it. Might try cycling it back and forth a number of times and see if it gets better. Last I had seen, Texas State Technical College was handling repairs.

Good Luck!

Steve Leonard
Old August 19th 16, 08:29 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Tim Taylor

Have you tested the radio on 123.07? Most work on the + 0.005.

Is this the older push button or the newer digital radio?
Old August 19th 16, 08:49 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Yes, 123.075 is important to me. It's the CTAF for our airport. Thanks for taking the time to answer.
Old August 19th 16, 08:53 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

The terra is an older push button for each number. The far right number has only 0, 2, 5, 7 (which makes sense as it's 25khz spacing). The terminal 5 would be assumed for the 2 and 7.
Old August 20th 16, 05:04 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
JS

On Friday, August 19, 2016 at 12:53:20 PM UTC-7, wrote:
The terra is an older push button for each number. The far right number has only 0, 2, 5, 7 (which makes sense as it's 25khz spacing). The terminal 5 would be assumed for the 2 and 7.

Been there.
The issue is really which radio will fit where the wheel chock was.
Jim
Old August 22nd 16, 06:24 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
2G

On Friday, August 19, 2016 at 7:04:11 AM UTC-7, wrote:
Also: any recommendations on a com which would fit in a Terra space in the panel?

You may have a corroded contact on your pushbutton freq selector switch. I would spray it generously with contact cleaner and see if that makes any difference. Replacing the switch is the next option.

Tom

Terra TPX 720 GM Soaring 15 December 31st 18 11:02 PM
NEW Terra TRT 250 and Terra AT 3000 altitude digitizer - $500 grafxman Aviation Marketplace 1 December 29th 08 06:39 PM
hello terra Eagle Aviation Photos 1 October 21st 07 03:33 AM
Terra TX 760 mic [email protected] Soaring 1 June 17th 05 05:52 PM
Terra VOR-GS Paul Anton Home Built 0 October 8th 04 07:38 PM