nano + bluetooth gives problems

Old July 14th 16, 09:39 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default nano + bluetooth gives problems

Hi,

I'm having problems using bluetooth on my nano as a GPS source for navigation.
Basically it works but the nano freezes every now and then for up to 1,5 to 2 minutes.
In that case the leds stay off or on and the nano does not respond to the switch/button anymore. The navigation device looses the connection with the nano.
When the leds start to blink again the BT connection is also reestablished and the navigation continues. But as this sometimes occurs every minute this setup is not usable for navigational purposes.

I have tried several setups using:
two differnt nano's (one two years old, the other a few months)
an oudie running SYM
a android phone running either nano config tool or XCSoar
An serial conection on my laptop using the SSP BT profile

I have tested several combinations of the hw above while driving to work but also during a flight.
It is completely unclear when the nano decides to freeze.
I have had one or two occasions that the nano kept on working for quite a long time ( 1 hour) and then suddenly decides to go faulty again.

Once the nano is in a bad mode it doesn't matter if there is a Bluetooth device connected or not (I even turned off the phone and oudie). When BT is turned on on the nano then it will hang every now and then. When BT is turned off there is no problem and the nano work flawlessly.
When BT is on but the nano is not moving/logging the problem also won't occur.

Oddly (but fortunately) the nano keeps on logging when it is in this faulty mode and the flight(drive) is stored as a single continous igc file.

I have tried to reset the nano (via the pinhole) and that seems to solve the problem for a while but within half an hour or so the problem will be back.

I have mailed my findings (and log/igc files) to lxnav but al they (can) say is that they are investigating the problem (?)

Has anyone else seen this problem/behaviour?

Stephan
Old July 14th 16, 03:04 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Richard[_9_]

On Thursday, July 14, 2016 at 1:39:38 AM UTC-7, wrote:
[...]

The best thing to do when troubleshooting an issue with instruments is to start by noting the model and Firmware Version in all correspondence and then make sure you are on the latest firmware.

Richard
Old July 15th 16, 07:29 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Op donderdag 14 juli 2016 16:04:59 UTC+2 schreef Richard:
[...]

Sorry i forgot.
The nano is on the newest firmware (2.30)
the other nano has slightly older firmware (2.16)
Old July 19th 16, 08:01 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Thomas Van de Velde

I've had this issue with a Nexus 7, but not with my Nexus 5x.
Old August 18th 16, 10:43 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Op donderdag 14 juli 2016 10:39:38 UTC+2 schreef :
[...]

The problem is solved now.
The new firmware (the next one after v2.30) will become available shortly on the site of lxnav.

Steve

PDA w/ Bluetooth GPS Ken Kochanski (KK) Soaring 9 June 13th 09 04:34 AM
Bluetooth Microphone? Gary Emerson Soaring 2 October 27th 07 11:18 PM
Bluetooth [email protected] Home Built 1 August 31st 05 12:40 AM
Bluetooth headsets? Jim N. Piloting 9 July 24th 05 08:03 PM
Bluetooth. Stan Kochanowski Soaring 2 March 24th 05 04:31 PM