Minooka Accident?

Old August 19th 16, 07:01 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
James Thomson[_2_]

Default Minooka Accident?

At 15:56 19 August 2016, Dan Marotta wrote:
How do you find information for a particular type of glider? Is there
some way to cross reference from the TN numbers?

On 8/19/2016 3:17 AM, James Thomson wrote:
At 06:17 18 August 2016, Eric Munk wrote:
At 19:08 17 August 2016, Ramy wrote:
There should be a database for such things.=20
There is. https://members.gliding.co.uk/library/tns/

The database is in the BGA Compendium, easily accessible via this

link:

https://members.gliding.co.uk/airwor...airworthiness-
directives/

--
Dan, 5J

On the BGA page scroll down to find the list of manufacturers and type
certificate holders. Click on the one of interest (eg Allstar PZL)
You will now be offered a pdf of reported problems - both general for
the manufacturer and type specific. Each entry identifies the relevant
TNS for more information.

Old August 19th 16, 07:21 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

I had a seat back failure in my youth (hundred years ago) I was driving my 1939 ford, doing about 40 when suddenly I was in the back seat looking at the cieling! A drunk, driving an Oldsmobile, ran into me. I can still remember pulling myself back up into the normal driving position.
Suppose this is what happened to the pilot in this accident? Will anyone ever know why he crashed? Most failures leave whitness marks, I'll bet carefully examination could determine if it failed in the aft direction.
JJ

yet another accident [email protected] Soaring 0 May 5th 13 06:07 PM
Accident? on 8-27-92 Chris Wells General Aviation 8 January 10th 06 02:15 AM
F6F accident Larry Cauble Naval Aviation 4 October 14th 05 06:19 PM
MU2 accident Big John Piloting 16 April 13th 04 03:58 AM
KC-135 accident Big John Piloting 3 November 19th 03 04:36 PM