I think old planes should be thrown away !!!

Old June 14th 05, 10:49 AM
Tristan Beeline

Default I think old planes should be thrown away !!!

Yes, throw away the old crap and buy a new one !
Old June 14th 05, 02:13 PM
Mike Dale

"Tristan Beeline" wrote in message
om...
Yes, throw away the old crap and buy a new one !

Actually, I believe old planes were among the earliest products to be
recycled - once they started being made out of metal anyway. Sadly for
today's restorers, far too many came out of the factory door and went
straight to the scap metal dealer after WWII - but best not dwell on that
one!

Mike

Old June 14th 05, 03:11 PM
Clay

I would love to buy a new one at for the price of an old one.
Liability and labor cost cause the new planes to be many levels above
my income level thus too high for my blood.

Old October 22nd 05, 06:43 AM
Anthony

Tristan Beeline wrote:

Yes, throw away the old crap and buy a new one !

you obviously have no soul...
Old October 23rd 05, 04:26 AM
vincent p. norris

Tristan Beeline wrote:

Yes, throw away the old crap and buy a new one !

Yes, please do so. And please let me know where you've thrown it.

vince norris
Old January 19th 06, 07:48 AM
Vic7 Vic7 is offline
Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by vincent p. norris
Tristan Beeline wrote:

Yes, throw away the old crap and buy a new one !

Yes, please do so. And please let me know where you've thrown it.

vince norris
Hurrah, hurrah and well put. Last week I purchased a cherry 1938 J3 Cub. If they made new crap as well as they made this old crap, I would buy it. Unfortunately the new crap is all bright, shiney gizmos that costs fourteen ****loads at every annual and also requires an annual subsciption to some electronic minder.

I brag to my non-flying friends about watching the auto traffic passing me in my "new" plane. I also own another old plane that can fly farther and faster than the Cub, but it has no engine at all and is also obsolete by current standards (compare 1978 Schempp-Hirth Mini-Nimbus to 2006 ASG-29.)

Don't confuse transportation with recreation. If you want to get there fast and on time, buy an airline ticket. They desperately need the business. Or buy something shiney and new and then throw it on the "old crap" heap so that people like me can enjoy it at your expense.

Thanks,

V7
N751DC & NC21486
Old January 20th 06, 05:05 AM posted to rec.aviation.restoration

Don't confuse transportation with recreation. If you want to get there
fast and on time, buy an airline ticket.

You had me nodding my head in agreement till you got to that line.
Transportation and recreation can be the same thing!

I've gone a lot of places in a Cherokee, including Alaska twice; and
it's so much more fun than sitting a a giant tin can that I don't care
if it takes eight times as long and costs five times as much.

I'll admit, though, that a sailplane is not a very practical way to
fly to Alaska.

vince norris