B-1B Lancer turning on final

Old May 5th 07, 02:15 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Tom Callahan

Default B-1B Lancer turning on final

The time of day (evening after sundown), washed out sky, etc were not
favorable conditions for getting a good photo of this B-1 Lancer. It did
three passes at the Pensacola Naval Air Station. I don't think they
actually did touch and goes because we didn't hear any change in the
engines. It circled three times and then flew west along the beach.

They should come back around nine in the morning and do some touch and
goes. They should also call me beforehand, invite me to watch from the
taxiway at the airfield, etc.......never gonna happen......

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_8459.jpg
Views:	106
Size:	196.2 KB
ID:	11168
Old May 7th 07, 11:43 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Bob Harrington

"Tom Callahan" wrote in
:

They should come back around nine in the morning and do some touch
and goes. They should also call me beforehand, invite me to watch
from the taxiway at the airfield, etc......

It's the ~least~ they should do.

I'm still waiting for the folks at BFI to tear down the chainlink fencing
for me, too. You'd think public servants would ache more to serve...
Old June 10th 07, 09:47 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Bob Escher

They were at EAA last year. Did 3 flyby's and then landed. I have videos of
the 3 flyby's and
then them landing.

Bob E

Old June 10th 07, 12:30 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Tom Callahan

We had a B-1 come to the Pensacola Homecoming Airshow last November. He
lost his anti-skid control while landing and ended up with a huge explosion
as some tires exploded. I got some shots of that but they are marginal due
to the long distance between my lens and the event. The aircraft blocked
the runway for the rest of the day and the following day until a crew
arrived from Barksdale AFB with jacks and new tires. The pilot was a nice
guy from Huntsville, Alabama. I gave him and his crew a CD with photos of
the event and their aircraft in the static display. They didn't get to fly
during the airshow though. Maybe this year we'll have better luck, Tom