6 place airplane

Old January 23rd 04, 08:54 PM
Ray Andraka

I think you either made a math error or mis-typed. 88 gallons of fuel is 520 lbs, so if the useful
load is 1400 lbs, then that leaves 880 lbs payload, not 1065. Maybe you meant adding the flint
tanks gives you an additional 200 lbs useful load, and if you leave them empty it gets you close to
that 1065 lbs. 1065 is only 15 lbs more than I get with my more or less stock Six, although I can
only dream of 150+ kts. What kind of fuel burn do you get at that speed?

Mike Long wrote:

Marval wrote in message ...
Can anyone help me out? trying to find a 6 place airplane that can truly
carry it's load, single engine. looking for a payload of at least 1000
pounds with full of fuel.

*** Sent via http://www.automationtools.com ***
Add a newsgroup interface to your website today.

A 206H has just under 1400 lbs useful. If you add Flint Tip Tanks, it
will be 200 lbs additional if you don't put fuel in them. So, roughly,
that leaves 1065 lbs payload with 88 gallons. With small gear, 156-158
kts.

Mike

--
--Ray Andraka, P.E.
401/884-7930 Fax 401/884-7950

-Benjamin Franklin, 1759

Old January 24th 04, 12:06 AM
Peter Hovorka

Hi,

1000lb load is all very well, but in my book that doesn't equate
to 6 adults! 600kg would be nearer if "normal" male adults are
called for. Would only be enough for 5 of me! :-)

Makes me think what the OP plans to do with 6 men in the plane...

*just kidding*

Peter

Old January 24th 04, 02:30 AM
Mike Rapoport

Amphibs. When I was there a few months ago, Murphy was starting a pair of
prototype floats for the Moose. They should be availible later this year.
I also plan to use both wheels and skis. My hanger was engineered to take a
4000lb point load in the center so my plan is to lift the plane with a hoist
and swap gear.

Mike
MU-2

"Doug" wrote in message
om...
Cool. Which floats are you putting on it? Straights or Amphibs? I took
my Husky up north with Wipline 2100A's. What a trip!

"Mike Rapoport" wrote in message

hlink.net...
I am waiting on my Moose kit #and is will have the large tanks! With

the
large tank option I anticipate being able to go fishing from place to

place
for an extended period without returning to an airport. The Moose is
evidently proving very popular since I have been assigned serial number

241.

Mike
MU-2

"C J Campbell" wrote in message

"Drew Dalgleish" wrote in message
| If you're not in a hurry for it you could build yourself a Murphy
| Moose.

Aahh. But then I would put in extra large gas tanks, and still be back

with
the same 'problem.'

Old January 24th 04, 03:41 AM
Drew Dalgleish

Welcome to the club Mike. Did you get a quick build? There's a few
choices for amphibs now Montana is building and a guy near me is
working on a composite set. There's a rebel builders list you might
want to join at https://www.dcsol.com/public/code/html-subscribe.wcx
It's mostly rebel stuff but some elite and moose chatter as well. My
Rebel is hanging from the rafters right now while I fit a set of wheel
skis of my own design. Changing from wheels to floats takes about a
day.
Drew Dalgleish
Centralia ont.
Murphy Rebel C-FYHO

Amphibs. When I was there a few months ago, Murphy was starting a pair of
prototype floats for the Moose. They should be availible later this year.
I also plan to use both wheels and skis. My hanger was engineered to take a
4000lb point load in the center so my plan is to lift the plane with a hoist
and swap gear.

Mike
MU-2

"Doug" wrote in message
. com...
Cool. Which floats are you putting on it? Straights or Amphibs? I took
my Husky up north with Wipline 2100A's. What a trip!

thlink.net...

Old January 24th 04, 06:57 AM
Mike Long

Ray Andraka wrote in message ...
I think you either made a math error or mis-typed. 88 gallons of fuel is 520 lbs, so if the useful
load is 1400 lbs, then that leaves 880 lbs payload, not 1065. Maybe you meant adding the flint
tanks gives you an additional 200 lbs useful load, and if you leave them empty it gets you close to
that 1065 lbs. 1065 is only 15 lbs more than I get with my more or less stock Six, although I can
only dream of 150+ kts. What kind of fuel burn do you get at that speed?

Mike Long wrote:

Yes, I meant to imply the 1065 came with the addition of Flint Tanks
but with no fuel in them - only the 88 gallons standard. The Flint's
add 200 lbs to the gross weight. 15-16 gallons is the norm and the
small gear seems to make the airplane faster by more than I would have
thought.

Mike
Old January 24th 04, 04:36 PM
Mike Rapoport

I ordered the quick build kit and the delivery time is about 9 months. I
think that this is actually good for me becasue by the time I have to make
choices on prop, floats ect there will probably be a body of expertise that
doesn't exist yet. Thanks for the link, I will probably start lurking there
over the next few months.

Mike
MU-2

[...]

. com...

Old January 24th 04, 06:34 PM
Tom Sixkiller

"Mike Rapoport" wrote in message
hlink.net...
I ordered the quick build kit and the delivery time is about 9 months. I
think that this is actually good for me becasue by the time I have to make
choices on prop, floats ect there will probably be a body of expertise

that
doesn't exist yet. Thanks for the link, I will probably start lurking

there
over the next few months.

http://www.montanafloat.com

Right in your back yard.

Old January 25th 04, 12:41 AM
Doug

Mike,
If you haven't already, you might want to check out
www.seaplanes.org . It is the quintessential seaplane site.

Old January 25th 04, 04:15 PM
Mike Rapoport

Thanks. There will be a lot of options by the time I have the airplane
completed. I'm hopeful that the floats from Murphy will be less expensive
than certified floats.

Mike
MU-2

Old January 25th 04, 07:17 PM
frank

Marval wrote:

Can anyone help me out? trying to find a 6 place airplane that can truly
carry it's load, single engine. looking for a payload of at least 1000
pounds with full of fuel.

CompAir?