The cost of war

Old September 22nd 04, 02:46 AM
Mark Hickey

Default The cost of war

"Pete" wrote:

Did the administration strongarm the DoD (Army Corps of Engineers) into
giving it to them?

Nope. They're under a microscope. If you knew anything about
government contracts, you'd know that if it WASN'T a no-bid contract,
they'd still be trying to determine the winner.

Were there any kickbacks from that $2.2B?

Nope, but I'm sure you hope suggesting it makes it so.

Who got them?

If you have proof of anything, bring it out.

Specifically, did any of that money find its way into the Bush oil coffers?

Duh... how would he hide it if it DID "find its way into his oil
coffers"? Every cent the man makes and spends is public knowledge.

Are there any connections between the Halliburton boardroom and the Oval
Office?

It would seem so.

Guess you missed the part where Cheney donated all his stock options
to charity, huh?

Mark Hickey
Old September 23rd 04, 12:44 AM
RobertR237

Wow, I feel sorry for you, and I think you are an angry man. For whatever
reason you HATE the right.

Yes, I do.

Perhaps you should examine why. Try to see the
world from their viewpoint and understand them. Then maybe you can have
less pain inside.

They are all insane. There's nothing to understand beyond their greed,
avarice, lust for the death of others and self-aggrandizement.

They are insane.

You are right, there is nothing you could understand with a totally closed
mind. I find myself feeling very sorry for you even though you obviously hate
me.

Bob Reed

"Ladies and Gentlemen, take my advice,
(M.A.S.H. Sidney Freedman)

Old September 23rd 04, 01:17 AM
OSKI 3

Have you ever had one of those moments where you feel like telling the
wingnuts on the right, "I hope Bush gets reSelected so this country gets
what it deserves"?

Sounds to me like your crying in your beer!
How much time did you serve in the Military? Cause you sound like an expert.
If you did, how can you call Kerry anything
but an opportunist? You must think that
Sadam was a prince and all the killing of his
own people was perfectly ok. Where in the
constitution does it say we should have our
health care paid by the Govenment. Medicare is a good start, but if you spend
your entire life working and not saving or planning for you OWN health care,
maybe you should get a better job or stop buying all those SUV's and vacation
villas. I personally don't want to be on the DOLE, because I am a grownup and
should take responsibilily for MYSELF. If you feel you
are being put upon by whoever is in office
voting is the way to go. But YOU live in
a democracy and the Majority rules. Good
luck if you choose someone with a vassilating track record versus a guy who
can take names and kick ass. I wonder
why we have not suffered another attack
in this country. Maybe this guy is doing
at least ONE thing right. Don't get me
wrong, I spent 21 years in the Military
fighting for you to have YOUR right to
say what you want to, but don't get up on
a soapbox and tell me something YOU
have not totally checked out to be true.

Bill OParowski
USMC, USAF, Data General, Apollo Computer, Hewlett Packard, A/C Delivery
Services.

Old September 23rd 04, 05:40 AM
G EddieA95

The civilized world is paying the price of poverty. When you are hungry you
will do just about anything...

Two problems with that:

1) The September-11 terrorists were not poor, and all but one came from a
nonpoor country.

2) Iraq is a nonpoor country. That its mineral wealth went to building a
tyrant's luxury palaces and not to the people, was not the fault of the
"civilized world."

The War of 2001 is not about poverty, it is about a fanatical belief system.
In some places, that system *uses* poverty as a recruiting aid, but it would
exist even if none of them were poor.
Old September 23rd 04, 01:18 PM
Sandy

"OSKI 3" wrote in message

Where in the
constitution does it say we should have our
health care paid by the Govenment. Medicare is a good start, but if you

spend
your entire life working and not saving or planning for you OWN health

care,
maybe you should get a better job or stop buying all those SUV's and

vacation
villas.

Just how does one save up for radical cancer therapy after you retire and
don't have company health insurance. No insurance company is going to
insure you and if you do find insurance you can say goodbye to your nest egg
that you have been saving for all your life. Oh yeah, you get to sell your
house and give it to a doctor. What a great way to grow old. Just when
you've finished working all your life, and through the luck of the draw, you
get to lose everything you own to the health industry. But, at least you
have your life, such that it is, living in a rental at a trailer park.

Old September 23rd 04, 01:20 PM
RobertR237

and self-aggrandizement.

That's true of any political machine - and certainly just as true of the
Democrats as it is of the Republicans.

They are insane.

Ah. It's all clear now.

To summarize, it appears it's not that the Democrats are actually *better*,
it's just that you *really* don't want Bush in power.

--
John T

That last statement seems to be the rule of thumb right now, most people seem
to be casting a vote AGAINST Bush, not voting FOR Kerry.

Old September 23rd 04, 04:50 PM
Richard Lamb

RobertR237 wrote:

and self-aggrandizement.

That's true of any political machine - and certainly just as true of the
Democrats as it is of the Republicans.

They are insane.

Ah. It's all clear now.

To summarize, it appears it's not that the Democrats are actually *better*,
it's just that you *really* don't want Bush in power.

--
John T

That last statement seems to be the rule of thumb right now, most people seem
to be casting a vote AGAINST Bush, not voting FOR Kerry.
Bob Reed

"Ladies and Gentlemen, take my advice,
(M.A.S.H. Sidney Freedman)

That's the way the American political system works, Bob.

Richard
Old September 23rd 04, 10:32 PM
Dude

Ya, and when it works that way it stinks. Reagan is the last guy I remember
voting FOR rather than against his opponent.