Aircraft For Sale 1973 - Cessna A185F $225,000

Old October 1st 03, 03:56 AM
catch'n'em

Default Aircraft For Sale 1973 - Cessna A185F $225,000

Aircraft For Sale 1973 - Cessna A185F $225,000

for adfditonal information please email or visit
http://www.skywrench-aviation.com/ai...les-cghep.html
Old October 2nd 03, 05:37 AM
Jay Honeck

Aircraft For Sale 1973 - Cessna A185F $225,000

What is an "A185F"?

I hope it's a Citation variant, at THAT price!
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old October 2nd 03, 05:50 AM
Don Tuite

On Thu, 02 Oct 2003 04:37:11 GMT, "Jay Honeck"
wrote:

Aircraft For Sale 1973 - Cessna A185F $225,000

What is an "A185F"?

I hope it's a Citation variant, at THAT price!

Much better. A 185 on amphibious floats.

Don
Old October 2nd 03, 06:26 AM
Craig Prouse

"Jay Honeck" wrote:

I hope it's a Citation variant, at THAT price!

Those are Canadian dollars, eh?

Old October 2nd 03, 06:41 AM
Jay Honeck

Much better. A 185 on amphibious floats.

A 30 year old, 4-seat amphib for a quarter of a million bucks?

Must have one heckuva panel?
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old October 2nd 03, 02:06 PM
Ben Haas

Can you imagine telling a guy in 1973 that his plane will be worth 1/4
million dollars in thirty years !!!! I, for one would have NEVER
believed it. I am curious,, Any one out there really know the selling
price of that plane back then?

Ben Haas N801BH. Jackson Hole WY

Old October 2nd 03, 02:21 PM
G.R. Patterson III

Jay Honeck wrote:

Much better. A 185 on amphibious floats.

A 30 year old, 4-seat amphib for a quarter of a million bucks?

The floats alone cost more than your aircraft, Jay.

George Patterson
God grant me the senility to forget the people I never liked anyway, the
good fortune to run into the ones I like, and the eyesight to tell the
difference.
Old October 2nd 03, 03:09 PM
Jay Honeck

The floats alone cost more than your aircraft, Jay.

$85K+ for floats?? Wow -- how much do floats cost nowadays?

More importantly, what must their profit margin be, at that price? (Of
course, assuming they are priced so absurdly, they probably sell two pair a
year...)
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old October 2nd 03, 05:05 PM
Don Tuite

On Thu, 02 Oct 2003 14:09:50 GMT, "Jay Honeck"
wrote:

The floats alone cost more than your aircraft, Jay.

$85K+ for floats?? Wow -- how much do floats cost nowadays?

More importantly, what must their profit margin be, at that price? (Of
course, assuming they are priced so absurdly, they probably sell two pair a
year...)

You're not parsing "amphibious," Jay.

Don
Old October 2nd 03, 08:33 PM
Paul

Oh No!! Why would some one ruin a beautiful airplane with floats? G