Advice on H301 Libelle 17m

Old July 14th 04, 07:08 AM
Kizuno

If you Google on "17m Libelle" this came up 7 years ago when I asked about
this. Stephen Crabb of SA kindly replied that he believed there is a 17m
Libelle in South Africa.

Kemp
Always a Glasflugel guy (but I'm getting to like Schleichers......)
Old July 15th 04, 06:09 PM
ruediger

I am sorry i made a mistake, but even so thanks for the answers.

Yesterday I had the chance to have a look at the glider and it showed
that the guy from the repairshop and me and misunderstood each other.
He had talked about a flaped 17m Libelle, anŽd I was talking about the
H301 and neither him nor me noticed that we were talking about a H201
Standard Libelle with 17m Span and "Spreizklappen" (both modifikation
from LTB Follmann) which are just an additional help for very short
landings.

I am going to take that glider home on monday, hoping to have some
nice flights in the rest of the season.

Any advice / pictures where to place an Ipaq in the Libelle.

Thanks a lot
Ruediger

(ruediger) wrote in message . com...
As my Astir CS77 is totally damaged (The pilot, a friend of mine is
ok, but the glider can't be repaired) i am looking for a "new" glider.
I have the chance to buy a Libelle H301 17m. As I know that several
H301 are flown in the US, i hope to get some advice from ras.
For those who wonder: I can't ask these questions to the former owner,
because the glider is sold by a dealer.
I have no interest in competition, but i am looking for a glider which
is easy to fly (not like the ASTIR). Is the H301 the same pleasure to
fly as the H201 and H205, or a ASW19?
Who can give advice on take-off and landing (I am going to read the
manual but some times there are extra tricks).
My eyperince is about 400h mostly with ASTIR CS, Club-Libelle 205,
ASW19, TWIN I, K21.
Thanks
Ruediger
(from Germany)

Old July 16th 04, 06:58 PM
ruediger

Hi Frank,
you want me to sent them to your email adress?
If you cant wait, have a look at
http://home.pages.at/gliderpilot/gli...lle/tuning.htm
there are nice pictures of the 17m Libelle and the "Spreizklappen".

Rüdiger

"F.L. Whiteley" wrote in message ...
Hey, how about some pictures of this 17m Libelle and mods once you have it
rigged?

Frank

m...

Old July 16th 04, 08:52 PM
Wallace Berry

In article ,
(ruediger) wrote:

http://home.pages.at/gliderpilot/gli...lle/tuning.htm

Hey, didja see the picture of the Libelle with a hinged canopy? Looks
like it is hinged but retains the great feature allowing the front of
the canopy to be opened in flight for ventilation. The picture is small
and low res but I think I can mostly make out how they did it. If anyone
knows any more about this "klapphaube" for the Libelle, let me know.

--
Take out the airplane for reply

Advice and experts with 400 series Cessnas (414 and 421), purchase and training [email protected] Owning 36 January 9th 05 02:32 AM
Need advice on handling airplane damage GE Owning 24 November 11th 04 01:16 AM
boot camp advice jameson Military Aviation 17 July 22nd 04 05:12 AM
Libelle Web Site f.blair Soaring 0 June 23rd 04 08:06 AM
Advice Brad Piloting 9 October 28th 03 02:54 PM