Looking for an earlier post -- help!

Old February 7th 08, 05:00 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
AJ

Default Looking for an earlier post -- help!

Maybe about a year ago there was a post of humorous flying rules that
were compiled during WWII. If anyone knows this post (I apologize for
the vagueness of this request), please tell me the Subject name so I
can look it up.

Thank you kindly!

AJ
Old February 7th 08, 08:04 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

On Feb 7, 11:00 am, AJ wrote:
Maybe about a year ago there was a post of humorous flying rules that
were compiled during WWII. If anyone knows this post (I apologize for
the vagueness of this request), please tell me the Subject name so I
can look it up.

Thank you kindly!

AJ

This perhaps?

The Pilot's 23rd Psalm
by CAPTAIN J.D. OLIVE

1. As the telephone operator who giveth wrong numbers so is he who
extolleth his exploits in the air.

2. He shall enlarge upon the dangers of his adventures but in my
sleeve shall be heard the tinkling of silvery laughter.

3. Let not thy familiarity with airplanes breed contempt, lest thou
become exceedingly careless at a time when great care is necessary
to thy well being.

4. My son obey the law and observe prudence. Spin thou not lower
than 1500 cubits nor stunt above thine own domicile. For the hand
of the law is heavy and reacheth far and wide throughout the land.

5. Incur not the wrath of thy Commander by breaking the rules; for
he who maketh right-hand circuits shall be cast out into utter
darkness.

6. Let not thy prowess in the air persuade thee that others cannot
do even as thou doest; for he that showeth off in public places is an
abomination unto his fellow pilots.

7. More praiseworthy is he who can touch tail-skid and wheels to
earth at one time, than he who loopeth and rolleth till some damsel
stares in amazement at his daring.

8. He who breaketh an undercarriage in a forced landing, may, in
time, be forgiven, but he who taxieth into another plane shall be
despised forever.

9. Beware the man who taketh off without looking behind him, for
there is not health in him, verily, I say unto you, his days are
numbered.

10. Clever men take the reproofs of their instructor in the same
wise, one like unto another; with witty jest, confessing their
dumbness and regarding themselves with humor. Yet they try again,
profiting by his wise counsel and taking not offense at aught that
has been said.

11. As a postage stamp which lacketh glue, so are the words of
caution to a fool; they stick not, going in one ear and out of the
other, for there is nothing in between to stop them.

12. My son, hearken unto my teaching and forsake not the laws of
prudence, for the reckless shall not inhabit the earth for long.

13. Hear instruction and be wise, and refuse it not; thus wilt thou
fly safely; length of days and a life of peace shall be added unto
thee.
Old February 7th 08, 09:59 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
AJ

Thank you! SeaHawk sent me one version earlier, and now you sent
this. Thank you both!

AJ