annual interruptus

Old February 28th 07, 12:43 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Denny

Default annual interruptus

(N833R, S# CD-2 Worlds oldest Debonair)www.rogerhalstead.com- Hide quoted text -

Umm, my emailer just happened to notice this post Roger - as I had
quit following the thread...
Go ahead and send them if your emailer will allow a big file... I have
a 3 meg line for downloads...

On the Aztruck, I have a 150 hours, or so, in them so I understand the
critters... I'm not interested in having one... Fat Albert does what I
need in a family hauler...

And to put an end to this thread, the annual is over, the fat boy is
back home, snoozing in his hanger....

denny

Old February 28th 07, 03:44 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Jay Honeck

There's lots of things I'd like to do, especially when compared to
working in a (*@#&$(* cubicle.

There are worse fates. During my last venture in the world of working
for others, our owners believed in the "open office" setting, to
provide "synergy" in the workplace. Thus, all of our desks were in
a big room, with nothing but file cabinets demarking our territory.

What this meant, in practice, was that very litle work was
accomplished. Everyone would walk past, cup of coffee in hand, on the
way to fill in the blank, and -- being nice people -- would simply
HAVE to say "How's it goin', Jay?"

You can't ignore your co-workers, so the ensuing conversations --
times 200 people -- meant that we had a very lively social life in the
newspaper, and not a lot of productivity.
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old February 28th 07, 09:45 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning
RST Engineering

In the engineering world, that setup is called a "bullpen".

Lots of bull going on.

Jim

Old February 28th 07, 11:17 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning

Yup, annual interruptus!

Mid-time Continental IO-520 factory reman...
We have 6 jugs to replace for leaking exhaust valves.
The valves also have ridges (or lips), so they don't
seat properly... and the valve guides are worn.
We'll be down for a second week.

Best regards,

Jer/ "Flight instruction and mountain flying are my vocations!"
--
Jer/ (Slash) Eberhard, Mountain Flying Aviation, LTD, Ft Collins, CO
CELL 970 231-6325 EMAIL jer'at'frii.com http://users.frii.com/jer/
Old March 2nd 07, 03:16 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Newps

Jay Honeck wrote:

Anyway, the point is that no 55 year-old person should be
contemplating "retirement" in 2007.

What's this fascination with working? I cannot wait to retire. Some
people cannot envision ever not working. If that's you great, have a
good time, but you are a small minority. The vast majority of my
retirement will be my money. As soon as I determine enough money is
there I will be very difficult to find. I may occasionally work but it
will be on my own terms doing something I like. Most of the time I will
be having fun. I see a sailboat in my future, flying, golf a condo in
the Bahamas. I cannot imagine ****ing away my life working past about
55. I'd really like to be gone by 50.
Old March 2nd 07, 03:26 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Jay Honeck

I cannot imagine ****ing away my life working past about
55. I'd really like to be gone by 50.

I used to feel that way, when I had a job I hated.

Now, I can't imagine not working. Playing innkeeper is just too much
fun!

:-)
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old March 2nd 07, 06:13 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Roger[_4_]

On 28 Feb 2007 04:43:10 -0800, "Denny" wrote:

(N833R, S# CD-2 Worlds oldest Debonair)www.rogerhalstead.com- Hide quoted text -

Umm, my emailer just happened to notice this post Roger - as I had
quit following the thread...
Go ahead and send them if your emailer will allow a big file... I have
a 3 meg line for downloads...

On the Aztruck, I have a 150 hours, or so, in them so I understand the
critters... I'm not interested in having one... Fat Albert does what I
need in a family hauler...

And to put an end to this thread, the annual is over, the fat boy is
back home, snoozing in his hanger....

Now all I gotta do is remember to get them off the other computer.
Hopefully I'll remember before my next annual.:-))

denny

Old March 2nd 07, 11:59 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Steve Foley

"Jay Honeck" wrote in message
Now, I can't imagine not working. Playing innkeeper is just too much
fun!

This song always makes me think of you:

Charge 'em for the lice, extra for the mice
Two percent for looking in the mirror twice
Here a little slice, there a little cut
Three percent for sleeping with the window shut
When it comes to fixing prices
There are a lot of tricks he knows
How it all increases, all them bits and pieces
Jesus! It's amazing how it grows!

Old March 7th 07, 01:28 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Margy Natalie

Jay Honeck wrote:
I cannot imagine ****ing away my life working past about
55. I'd really like to be gone by 50.

I used to feel that way, when I had a job I hated.

Now, I can't imagine not working. Playing innkeeper is just too much
fun!

:-)
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA
Pathfinder N56993
www.AlexisParkInn.com
"Your Aviation Destination"

Jay,

You don't have a job, you have a business. That's a big difference.
What you do pays off directly to you. You work hard, you do well (or
better). If you choose to go flying you can pay someone else to cover
the front desk. At some point you may choose to go flying more and pay
someone else more or choose to work more and pay someone else less. For
the rest of us we work, we get paid, we work some more. If we exceed
the expectations of our performance plans we get an atta boy.

Margy
Old March 7th 07, 03:06 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Jay Honeck

You don't have a job, you have a business. That's a big difference.
What you do pays off directly to you. You work hard, you do well (or
better). If you choose to go flying you can pay someone else to cover
the front desk. At some point you may choose to go flying more and pay
someone else more or choose to work more and pay someone else less. For
the rest of us we work, we get paid, we work some more. If we exceed
the expectations of our performance plans we get an atta boy.

This is quite true. But I also lose everything if the government
decides to fund another new hotel. (They've built two in the last two
years...)

If you want the freedom of business ownership, you have to be willing
to risk everything. Everyone is against you, from the big-box chains
to the state and local gummint 'crats. There are few allies in
business; the best you can usually hope for is neutrality.

Bottom line: If you want the safety of the corporate world, you have
to be willing to eat **** every day. You will never starve, but it
sure tastes bad sometimes.

In my world, even the **** can stop.
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Out of annual.... A Lieberman Owning 7 October 31st 05 02:47 AM
After Annual ... [email protected] Piloting 22 August 18th 05 05:24 AM
My Annual Charles Talleyrand Owning 34 July 28th 05 01:17 PM
Off I go to help with my first annual on my C-150 NW_PILOT Owning 22 October 26th 04 11:39 PM
In for Annual Jim Weir Piloting 0 August 5th 04 07:06 PM