FOX NEWS ALERT - Van Nuys Twin Engine Cessna landing with no nose gear

Old November 25th 08, 08:09 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Darkwing

Default FOX NEWS ALERT - Van Nuys Twin Engine Cessna landing with no nose gear

It is on now, looks like the nose gear will only come halfway down. I'm sure
the news stations are predicting (wishing?) doom!

Old November 25th 08, 08:30 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Dudley Henriques[_2_]

On Nov 25, 3:09*pm, "Darkwing" theducksmail"AT"yahoo.com wrote:
It is on now, looks like the nose gear will only come halfway down. I'm sure
the news stations are predicting (wishing?) doom!

Just watched it. Good job. This guy was sharp and knew what he was
doing. Nailed the airspeed on final, shut um both down and
horizontaled tthe props with the starters. Did it in jig time too.
Even set it down hard on the mains to get one last shot at lowering
the nose gear. The nose on those 310's is not all that far out in
front and it's real hard to keep it up for more than a few seconds in
a situation like this one.
Looked like he might have caught the left tip a bit but I don't think
he got the crank. Should be ok with a little work and be back flying
again shortly.
Dudley Henriques
Old November 25th 08, 08:44 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Darkwing

"Dudley Henriques" wrote in message
On Nov 25, 3:09 pm, "Darkwing" theducksmail"AT"yahoo.com wrote:
It is on now, looks like the nose gear will only come halfway down. I'm
sure
the news stations are predicting (wishing?) doom!

Just watched it. Good job. This guy was sharp and knew what he was
doing. Nailed the airspeed on final, shut um both down and
horizontaled tthe props with the starters. Did it in jig time too.
Even set it down hard on the mains to get one last shot at lowering
the nose gear. The nose on those 310's is not all that far out in
front and it's real hard to keep it up for more than a few seconds in
a situation like this one.
Looked like he might have caught the left tip a bit but I don't think
he got the crank. Should be ok with a little work and be back flying
again shortly.
Dudley Henriques

I guess the plane was registered to Donald Trump at one time.

Old November 25th 08, 09:38 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Dudley Henriques[_2_]

On Nov 25, 3:44*pm, "Darkwing" theducksmail"AT"yahoo.com wrote:
[...]

Must have been a while ago. That was one OLD 310! :-))

Old November 25th 08, 09:59 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Pietro

Dudley Henriques wrote in

:

On Nov 25, 3:44*pm, "Darkwing" theducksmail"AT"yahoo.com wrote:
"Dudley Henriques" wrote in message

.com... On Nov 25, 3:09 pm, "Darkwing"
[...]

Sky King and Penny?

Old November 26th 08, 01:09 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Dudley Henriques[_2_]

On Nov 25, 4:59*pm, Pietro wrote:
Dudley Henriques wrote
:

--

This might appear as a double post;

I remember them flying the Bamboo Bomber and I do seem to recall at
the end of the show run seeing a 310 in the mix somewhere but I'm not
certain.
I actually hated the show and didn't watch it all that much.
DH
Old November 30th 08, 08:40 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Bear Bottoms[_4_]

On Tue, 25 Nov 2008 12:30:30 -0800 (PST), Dudley Henriques wrote:

On Nov 25, 3:09*pm, "Darkwing" theducksmail"AT"yahoo.com wrote:
It is on now, looks like the nose gear will only come halfway down. I'm sure
the news stations are predicting (wishing?) doom!

Just watched it. Good job. This guy was sharp and knew what he was
doing. Nailed the airspeed on final, shut um both down and
horizontaled tthe props with the starters. Did it in jig time too.
Even set it down hard on the mains to get one last shot at lowering
the nose gear. The nose on those 310's is not all that far out in
front and it's real hard to keep it up for more than a few seconds in
a situation like this one.
Looked like he might have caught the left tip a bit but I don't think
he got the crank. Should be ok with a little work and be back flying
again shortly.
Dudley Henriques

Thnaks. For the link.
--
Bear Bottoms
Private Attorney General
Old December 1st 08, 04:20 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Mike

"Dudley Henriques" wrote in message
On Nov 25, 4:59 pm, Pietro wrote:
Dudley Henriques wrote

:

[...]

They definitely had a 300 series Cessna for some of the episodes. All (or
at least most) of the episodes are online somewhere, although I don't have
the link. They are even more painful to watch today.

Old December 1st 08, 04:42 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Dudley Henriques[_2_]

On Dec 1, 11:20*am, "Mike" nospam @ aol.com wrote:
"Dudley Henriques" wrote in message

On Nov 25, 4:59 pm, Pietro wrote:
Dudley Henriques wrote

:

[...]

Some of those old shows were really something. I remember as a kid
going to the movies on Saturdays and watching those serials where
somehow every week just like clockwork, no matter what the plot was,
the heros always ended up in a mine shaft in a racing mine cart headed
for an open hole. Just as there seemed NO way in hell they could
survive the oncoming crackup, whamo!!...end of "this week's
episode. :-)))
Old December 1st 08, 04:44 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Maxwell[_2_]

"Mike" nospam @ aol.com wrote in message

Says Mikey Mouth, self proclaimed, but inbred genius.