Simulators

Old May 17th 10, 04:16 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Default Simulators

On May 16, 10:01*pm, Mxsmanic wrote:

, especially the low-time PPLs
that seem to haunt this group (or at least seem to be the most prolific
posters).

Pray tell, just how much time have you spent in a real plane behind
the yoke? Lets see just how much PIC time you can stack up against
the majority of the posters in the group.

Let me guess.

A. You wont answer
B. Your PIC time by FAA standards are far less then 99.99999 percent
of the posters in this group.
C. My guess your PIC time is zero.

All your sim time don't even stack up the reality of flying a real
plane because MSFS is not an FAA endorsed simulator is it?

Let me guess, you are not even a CGI either are you?

You single handedly are the haunt of this group pretending you pilot
C152, barons, Lears cross country and PRESENTING it as if you are in a
real plane.
Old May 17th 10, 04:27 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Mxsmanic

writes:

Pray tell, just how much time have you spent in a real plane behind
the yoke?

None--at least none in flight. So what?

Lets see just how much PIC time you can stack up against
the majority of the posters in the group.

Why?

All your sim time don't even stack up the reality of flying a real
plane because MSFS is not an FAA endorsed simulator is it?

Even if it were a FAA-certified simulator, it would not necessarily qualify as
PIC time.

However, certified simulators are overrated. A certified simulator isn't
necessarily a good simulator ... it's just a certified simulator. That means
that the FAA lets you log time on the sim for certain purposes under certain
conditions--and nothing more. Many simulators are specialized for a certain
purpose: they simulate one aspect of flying with perfect or near-perfect
fidelity, but they hardly simulate anything else at all. And if it's
certified, it's always overpriced.

Let me guess, you are not even a CGI either are you?

No. So what?

You single handedly are the haunt of this group pretending you pilot
C152, barons, Lears cross country and PRESENTING it as if you are in a
real plane.

I don't fly Learjets; I fly a Citation X instead. I use that aircraft for
flights suited to bizjets.

Anyway, if I talk about my simulation and people think I'm flying a real
airplane, then my simulation must be pretty good (it fooled the FAA once). On
the other hand, if it's obvious that I'm simulating, then it doesn't matter if
I don't mention the fact, does it?

I know a lot about a number of different aircraft because I've flown them in
simulation. Many PPLs don't know anything about any airplane except the one
they usually fly. I see examples of the latter regularly here.
Old May 17th 10, 04:28 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Dudley Henriques[_2_]

On May 16, 11:01*pm, Mxsmanic wrote:
Dudley Henriques writes:
It is unfortunate that even when you have something of value to
contribute to these endless argumentative threads involving you, your
glaringly obvious bias against pilots takes control over your comment.

I have no bias against pilots. I just know that many of them aren't nearly as
expert in aviation as they'd like to believe, especially the low-time PPLs
that seem to haunt this group (or at least seem to be the most prolific
posters).

I'm sure you see it this way, and there might even be some degree of
truth in what you're saying but after watching your posting on these
groups for a long time I unfortunately can't agree.
If, for example, you put forth in comment what you have said here in
this post about pilots as an isolated and pertinent comment and that
comment was backed up by enough experience flying to make your comment
viable, I could see that.
But you instead make these negative comments about pilots incessantly.
In fact, your negativity about pilots stands out to me and others I'm
fairly certain as a constant.
This unfortunately constitutes a bias that as I have said, weakens
what you have to say.
Anyone can put forth a generalization such as "there are pilots who
aren't as expert in aviation as they'd like to believe". Of course
there are, as there are as well pilots in aviation who are a great
deal MORE expert in aviation than they like to convey to others.
AS a simulator user, you are of course entitled to an opinion of
pilots as is anyone else for that matter. You state a negative
generality about pilots as you do once and it's an opinion. You do it
constantly as you do and it's a bias, and unfortunately, due to your
lack of actual aviation experience, an uneducated bias as well. You
are even entitled to an uneducated opinion about pilots, but as I say,
you do it as often as you do and it constitutes a bias that weakens
any truth in your accompanying comment.
Dudley Henriques
Old May 17th 10, 04:42 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Mxsmanic wrote:
Dudley Henriques writes:

It is unfortunate that even when you have something of value to
contribute to these endless argumentative threads involving you, your
glaringly obvious bias against pilots takes control over your comment.

I have no bias against pilots. I just know that many of them aren't nearly as
expert in aviation as they'd like to believe, especially the low-time PPLs
that seem to haunt this group (or at least seem to be the most prolific
posters).

Says the MSFS game player that has no clue what is involved in flight
planning, one of the most basic and first tasks learned by real pilots,
by his own admission.

--
Jim Pennino

Remove .spam.sux to reply.
Old May 17th 10, 04:43 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Mxsmanic wrote:

However, certified simulators are overrated. A certified simulator isn't
necessarily a good simulator ... it's just a certified simulator. That means
that the FAA lets you log time on the sim for certain purposes under certain
conditions--and nothing more. Many simulators are specialized for a certain
purpose: they simulate one aspect of flying with perfect or near-perfect
fidelity, but they hardly simulate anything else at all. And if it's
certified, it's always overpriced.

Delusional babble.

--
Jim Pennino

Remove .spam.sux to reply.
Old May 17th 10, 04:50 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Mxsmanic wrote:
Morgans writes:

Ever hear about all the planes he pretends to own, or all of the flights he
takes for his customers?
How about how he waits at the airport for his customers to show up, and
sometimes he has to wait for the customer to arrive late?
How about bloging about all of this stuff, and about how he flies the entire
trip in real time, even in hours long flights?

You seem surprised. What do you think simulation is all about, exactly?

For sane people it is a diversion from life like watching a movie or playing
checkers.

For you it is a delusion that you are actually doing something you can never
actually do.

--
Jim Pennino

Remove .spam.sux to reply.

Simulators Birdog Piloting 33 March 9th 09 10:46 PM
PC IFR simulators Nick Kliewer Instrument Flight Rules 20 November 2nd 06 08:16 AM
Simulators [email protected] Simulators 1 October 20th 04 09:12 PM
IFR simulators Tony Owning 8 October 27th 03 08:42 PM
IFR simulators Richard Kaplan Instrument Flight Rules 3 July 24th 03 03:53 AM