allowing guns in cockpits

Old January 9th 08, 06:20 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Robert M. Gary

Default allowing guns in cockpits

On Jan 9, 6:36*am, Bertie the Bunyip wrote:

Well, actually, the more immediate concerns are the likelyhood of a
pilot actually stopping a trained soldier with a gun.

Yea, I guess it seems different when you take the argument to the
ridicules extreme. I guess a gun isn't useful unless it has a nuclear
warhead on it and can take out an entire battalion of soldiers. Its a
lot like saying anyone who picks up a pen better be ready to rewrite
the works of Shakespeare because anything less is not useful.

-Robert
Old January 9th 08, 06:21 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Robert M. Gary

On Jan 9, 6:39*am, Bertie the Bunyip wrote:
Veeduber wrote :

On Jan 8, 12:11 pm, Gig 601XL Builder
wrote:

And perfectly good academic research backs up your belief.

-----------------------

Personal experience, too.

After Arizona passed its concealed carry law in the early 1990's their
precipitous drop in certain types of crime was matched by a rise in
those statistics here in southern California as the perps sought less
dangerous hunting grounds. *Of course, the bleeding hearts insist that
can't be right... :-)

I'm not a bleeding heart . I have a gun and I would use it if I had to.
but arming every second asshole on the streets is not a way to stem violent
crime.

Again, you try to take an argument to a ridiculous extreme in order to
make a flimsy point. No one said everyone should be armed.

-Robert
Old January 9th 08, 06:23 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Robert M. Gary

On Jan 9, 9:46*am, Bertie the Bunyip wrote:
Gig 601XL Builder wrote :

Be able to defend himself.

I taught my wife to use the gun for self defence. Thought better of it,
then and provided her with some good alternatives that will be much more
effective on the day.

So that is your argument for taking away my right to defend myself and
my family in the way I feel is best???? Its a typical liberal
argument, "I don't want an SUV so no one should be allowed to own
one".

-robert
Old January 9th 08, 06:26 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Robert M. Gary

On Jan 9, 10:07*am, Bertie the Bunyip wrote:
kontiki wrote :

Well, I know of one who killed his girlfriend in an argument over her
with another suitor.
She was 21, had a child with the intended victim.
Literally dozens of lives wrecked and one gone forever.

Multiply that by thousands every year.

That's a good argument to ban knives, bats, hammers, etc. Pencils
don't misspell words, people do.
I'm sure the guy said "Gee, I've love to kill my girl friend but I
don't have a gun and knives and bats are just too damn messy. Oh,
well I guess I'll just give her a kiss good night instead" liberal
fantasy off

-Robert
Old January 9th 08, 06:28 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Bertie the Bunyip[_19_]

"Robert M. Gary" wrote in
:

On Jan 9, 9:46*am, Bertie the Bunyip wrote:
Gig 601XL Builder wrote
innews:13oa1fbo5s0erbd

@news.supernews.com:

Be able to defend himself.

I taught my wife to use the gun for self defence. Thought better of
it, then and provided her with some good alternatives that will be
much more effective on the day.

So that is your argument for taking away my right to defend myself and
my family in the way I feel is best???? Its a typical liberal
argument, "I don't want an SUV so no one should be allowed to own
one".

So, if you wanted a howitzer you should be allowed to have one?

Who said I was a liberal, you fjukwit?

That what you label anyone who disagrees with your idiocy?

BTW, if you read my post properly you might have read I have a gun. I still
have a gun and I like guns. I think they're fun.
The reality is, when they are required, they don't work, and in between
times they kill hundreds.

Bertie
Old January 9th 08, 06:31 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Bertie the Bunyip[_19_]

"Robert M. Gary" wrote in
:

On Jan 9, 10:07*am, Bertie the Bunyip wrote:
kontiki wrote
innews:HZ7hj.1882$7d1.1049@news01.

roc.ny:

Well, I know of one who killed his girlfriend in an argument over her
with another suitor.
She was 21, had a child with the intended victim.
Literally dozens of lives wrecked and one gone forever.

Multiply that by thousands every year.

That's a good argument to ban knives, bats, hammers, etc. Pencils
don't misspell words, people do.
I'm sure the guy said "Gee, I've love to kill my girl friend but I
don't have a gun and knives and bats are just too damn messy. Oh,
well I guess I'll just give her a kiss good night instead" liberal
fantasy off

It wasn;t a fantasy, fjukkwit.

This was a real person, she;s dead, Her parents lives are destroyed and if
any post was an argument against guns it's your appalling attitude towards
this, one of the most played out scenes in modern america..

Bertie
Old January 9th 08, 06:38 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Kloudy via AviationKB.com

Capt. Geoffrey Thorpe wrote:

But shoting from an aircraft still isn't the safest thing to do...
--
Geoff

he he..."overzealous composure"

5/3/00 Unknown locale None None
Gunner shot propeller while behaving with "overzealous composure." Plane
landed alright. Super Cub 91Y

Man, them coyotes are rackin' up some kills.

Old January 9th 08, 06:44 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Robert M. Gary

On Jan 9, 10:28*am, Bertie the Bunyip wrote:
"Robert M. Gary" wrote :

BTW, if you read my post properly you might have read I have a gun. I still
have a gun and I like guns. I think they're fun.
The reality is, when they are required, they don't work, and in between
times they kill hundreds.

I'm not aware of any time in history when a gun has ever killed
anyone.
-Robert

Companies Allowing Employees to Fly Steve - KDMW Owning 40 November 26th 06 04:31 PM
Rivet Guns tdfsks Home Built 3 July 21st 05 01:43 AM
AOPA urges allowing cell phone use in general aviation Eric Greenwell Soaring 7 March 30th 05 08:44 PM
COWS WITH GUNS Beefy Burger Home Built 14 January 21st 04 07:07 AM
Guns on fighters? SKSvilich Naval Aviation 54 December 8th 03 02:27 PM