Air France ATP cadets training in gliders at Saint-Auban

Old September 28th 19, 01:55 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
son_of_flubber

Default Air France ATP cadets training in gliders at Saint-Auban

Air France ATP cadets are training in gliders at Saint-Auban

https://www.reddit.com/r/flying/comm...during_my_atp/

The person that made the Reddit post logged 30 hours of glider time and earned his glider license.

An article from DG says the program will train up to 80 cadets a year and provide each cadet 50 flights. The training includes basic aerobatics and recovery of dangerous flight situations.

https://www.dg-flugzeugbau.de/en/dg-...services/17922

Old September 28th 19, 03:17 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dan Marotta

Â*Yeah, I know...Â* You can train any rube off the street to fly and
airplane, but when the feces hits the fan (think 737-Max), I'd rather
have someone up front who's actually had real life experience.

As soon as they open a camp to make world champions, I'll sign up!

--
Dan, 5J
Old September 28th 19, 03:58 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Jonathan St. Cloud

On Friday, September 27, 2019 at 5:55:54 PM UTC-7, son_of_flubber wrote:
Air France ATP cadets are training in gliders at Saint-Auban

https://www.reddit.com/r/flying/comm...during_my_atp/

The person that made the Reddit post logged 30 hours of glider time and earned his glider license.

An article from DG says the program will train up to 80 cadets a year and provide each cadet 50 flights. The training includes basic aerobatics and recovery of dangerous flight situations.

https://www.dg-flugzeugbau.de/en/dg-...services/17922

That is encouraging. I am licensed to fly gliders, helicopters and airplanes. My glider training and experience has taught me more about flying than anything I ever did in an airplane. I used to own and fly a war bird and pressured twin. I used my glider training all the time while flying a helicopter in the mountains. In my humble opinion, there is no single activity that makes better pilots than flying gliders.