SAR4 & Vietnam MedEvac Problem

Old December 30th 03, 12:11 AM
Spyre

Default SAR4 & Vietnam MedEvac Problem

Recently got both of these games... they both have the same prob...
they install fine, run fine, i can 'play' the game, right up until i try to
load a mission, the display either tiles several times across my screen
or it it squashes maybe 100 times and i end up with slithers of the
screen, i can hear the game running, and managed to play with it tiled
4-5 times across the screen, but my monitor power saves so i cant
even play like that... can anyone help???

Spec

Win 2000
768 MB Ram
nVidia Geforce 4 440, (Radon 9000 equivilant) latest Drives
Directx 9 or 9b

Tnx

SimRadar.com - Search Engine, Downloads, Videos, News and more
Old December 30th 03, 02:13 AM
jaltuve

Hi Spyre,

Did you try contacting the developers? maybe it is a common problem
and you can find some answers in their FAQ, provided they have one
that is.

SimRadar.com - Search Engine, Downloads, Videos, News and more
Old December 30th 03, 03:24 AM
Spyre

Yup ive emailed IVA games, also saw someone with the same
problem almost the same card, Geforce 4 64mb, same thing, his
screen goes blank when he tries to play, as does mine... and he runs
Win98 so it looks like Geforce compatability problem... which sucks
because apart from a patch i cant think of anything else to do, latest
drivers for my card and DirectX, tried all the frequencies my monitor
will run at (60, 72, 75, and 80)... but if there is a way, im gonna find it
lol

Spyre

SimRadar.com - Search Engine, Downloads, Videos, News and more
Old January 1st 04, 07:29 PM
bradclark1

GoldStar is just ignoring the problem. I had the same problem with
JetFighter5 and SAR4. The only thing they do is tell you to update all
your drivers. Once you do that and it still won't work, they ignore your
emails.
Kind of third rate fly by night operation thats just out to scam your
dollars.

Brad

SimRadar.com - Search Engine, Downloads, Videos, News and more
Old January 1st 04, 08:32 PM
Spyre

Goldstar is the distrabutor, InterActiveVision is the developer, in the
uk its Just Fligth distrabuting, RenderWare is the 3D modeling and
software... time is ticking and im tempted just to take them back
because any game that doesnt provide basic trouble shooting or
readme file might need to think about support...or i might just be
irritated lol,.. can always buy it when theres patches out there []

SimRadar.com - Search Engine, Downloads, Videos, News and more
Old January 2nd 04, 06:54 PM

I tried the demos of all of the helo games by this company (companies?)
mid-last year. I couldn't get my CH Pro Throttle to work, so I emailed
them. They took enough time to send back an email that said "you have to
buy the game to get support", rather than take the time to help me. I
gave up and deleted 'em.

So recently, after upgrading my control setup to all-USB CH stuff, I
tried the SAR4 demo. No dice on the throttle/collective again, and this
is after spending some considerable time trying to get it to work.

Therefore, I'm done with InterActiveVision games - especially after
reading this thread; I have better ways to waste my time 8^) .

Dave Blevins

On Thu, 01 Jan 2004 13:32:32 -0600, Spyre Spyre@forums_no_reply wrote:

Goldstar is the distrabutor, InterActiveVision is the developer, in the
uk its Just Fligth distrabuting, RenderWare is the 3D modeling and
software... time is ticking and im tempted just to take them back
because any game that doesnt provide basic trouble shooting or
readme file might need to think about support...or i might just be
irritated lol,.. can always buy it when theres patches out there []

_________________________________________________ ______
SimRadar.com - Search Engine, Downloads, Videos, News and more

Old January 3rd 04, 02:14 PM
Spyre

Well, after writing that i DID get an email from IVA games...
Renderware has a pre defined refresh rate for the 3D stuff, and IVA
ARE bringing out a patch that should allow you to change this in the
game options. So, if you got a Geforce 4 440 MX, wait till the patch
comes out.

As for the Demo and the Joystick, thats a lil out of order, you play the
demo to see if you want it, and if it dont work you wont buy it, so the
idea that you need to buy it before they tell you if it will or wont work
is stupid lol

But hey, thats life, so i returned the games and will just wait till the
patch comes out or something better comes along

SimRadar.com - Search Engine, Downloads, Videos, News and more