Let's move on

Old August 15th 08, 02:56 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Viperdoc[_5_]

Default Let's move on

Anthony does not realize when he is wrong, and incapable of acknowledging
his own obvious shortcomings.

Old August 15th 08, 02:57 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Viperdoc[_5_]

Anthony has a penchant for stating the obvious, but never acknowledging his
own errors. He never substantiates his outlandish claims with actual
citations. His own warped sense of reality is simply based upon playing a
computer game.

Old August 15th 08, 04:46 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Jay Honeck[_2_]

The value of POA is that Anthony isn't there and wouldn't be tolerated.
He single handedly is primarily responsible for the demise of this group.

Sorry, Doc -- gotta disagree there. This group could've easily withstood a
hundred years of MX-types -- but it only took a few months for the more
vitriolic trolls (Bertie and Maxwell) to completely destroy it.

Whatever you blame its demise on, you're right on regarding Pilots of
America. It's like a breath of fresh air over there, full of helpful,
knowledgeable, friendly and respectful pilots and learned conversation about
piloting. In fact, it smells just like this newsgroup used to smell, before
the trolls decided to wallow here.
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old August 15th 08, 04:51 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Jay Honeck[_2_]

Note that you might want to avoid the "spin zone"... I think the
default is now for new folks not to be subscribed to it.

When I signed up with PofA some months ago, membership defaulted to
automatically allowing access to the "Spin Zone" -- an area of the site
which is pretty much a more polite equivalent of what this group has become.

It didn't take me long to realize that opting out of that area was a good
move -- but I'm glad it's there, since it provides an outlet for all the
off-topic posters, and keeps the rest of the site pretty much purely about
aviation.
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old August 15th 08, 04:56 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Jay Honeck[_2_]

I've been to POA a few times but what I personally dislike is the setup of
the forums. With over ten different "rooms" that overlap in subject matter
it's hard to get a good picture of what's going on without going into each

The key to making the PofA interface work is to use the "New Posts" button
exclusively. By pushing this button you only see posts that have been made
since the last time you visited the site, which efficiently and quickly cuts
through the too-complex interface.
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old August 15th 08, 05:05 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Ricky

On Aug 14, 8:28*pm, Mxsmanic wrote:

I occasionally show that someone is wrong about something,

Anthony, serious question.
Why do you not ever admit you are wrong when you are wrong so many
times?

Ricky
Old August 15th 08, 08:18 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Thomas Borchert

Marco,

so I never see their threads and most related
content.

Yes, but the problem is that there's not much left after that.

--
Thomas Borchert (EDDH)

Old August 15th 08, 01:05 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Steve Foley

"Jay Honeck" wrote in message
Viperdoc wrote:
The value of POA is that Anthony isn't there and wouldn't be tolerated.
He single handedly is primarily responsible for the demise of this

group.

Sorry, Doc -- gotta disagree there. This group could've easily withstood

hundred years of MX-types -- but it only took a few months for the more
vitriolic trolls (Bertie and Maxwell) to completely destroy it.

I agree with Viperdoc that MX is responsible for the demise of this group.

Atkielski is a cancer. He admits he's been trolling for decades, and he is
very good at it. He chooses his words very carefully, with the sole purpose
to irritate.

He's a selfish little prick with no absolutely no redeeming value.

Bertie and Maxwell are simply secondary infections. When someone dies from
cancer, a secondary infection (or heart failure, or whatever) is what kills
them. Without Atkielski poisoning these groups, Bertie and Maxwell would
have never thrived.

Old August 15th 08, 01:23 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Viperdoc wrote:
[...]

Anthony has become boring, engagements with him are without
resolution, so I will let him hang in peace, or pieces.
Old August 15th 08, 02:01 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Tim[_1_]

"Steve Foley" wrote

I agree with Viperdoc that MX is responsible for the demise of this group.

That's not really true now, is it. He is a participant and an instigator,
but without others cooperating the endless arguing over meaningless detail
would not ensue.

Atkielski is a cancer. He admits he's been trolling for decades, and he is
very good at it. He chooses his words very carefully, with the sole

purpose
to irritate.

Probably true. So, knowing that, when one feels that they are getting
nowhere with him it can be your choice to take the high road and quit
communicating rather than resort to the tedious back and forth that almost
always takes place instead. It's the classic example of wrestling with a
pig - those who participate always come out looking worse than the
instigator.

I gotta tell ya, as a fellow pilot I am sometimes embarrased by what is said
on this NG by other pilots while they try to get Mx to admit he is wrong or
somehow made a mistake.