Miserable life without flying

Old May 16th 06, 06:26 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default Miserable life without flying

Her name is Anna, she is a teenager in Poland, now graduating high
school.
Anna wanted to fly gliders very bad. I have never met a person in my
entire life that wanted to learn to fly that bad. The problem is that
she has no money to learn to fly.
Today the cost of flying in Poland is as high as it is in the United
States, but people there make 5-10 times less. I found out that her
father is a disabled coalminer on meager pension.
I was just thinking how miserable my life would have been if I did not
have a chance to fly, how positively flying influenced my life, how
fortunate I am.
I want to help Anna. I can't do it all by myself because I am
retired, but maybe we can do it together. Maybe you can help or you
know someone who could help.
Please contact me at
At least I helped her start her lessons. It is unbelievable how happy
she is; it is unbelievable what flying can do to a person.

Andre Volant

Old May 16th 06, 06:47 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

My email email address is avolant at yahoo, this may help.
I was not aware what google does to addresses.

Andre

Old May 17th 06, 03:31 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

ask www.unicef.org, i´m sure they will answer you what have to be done ...

oups.com...

Old May 26th 06, 02:53 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Is something wrong?
Something is wrong, maybe I did not make my point, maybe I didn't write
it right, you tell me. Maybe you all missed my note asking for help for
one student glider pilot.
Just wanted to let this group know that there are no offers of any help
for Anna when the same time Poland is arm in arm with US in NATO,
polish troops are helping US troops in Iraq, Poland is buying a bunch
of F-16 what creates jobs in US.
I have personally as a CFIG, singlehandedly trained and soloed on
gliders group of 14 Civil Air Patrol cadets who were members of United
States Air Force Auxiliary. Some of them later flew F-16 in USAF. I
was CFIG for those cadets without any pay.
I've volantiered, donated my vacation time to teach US cadets to fly.
I flew to Poland and helped US Aerobatic Team during World Aerobatic
Championship in Bielsko-Biala. I traveled to Poland and helped US
Junior Glider Team as team coach during European Junior Glider
Championship. I used my unpaid vacation time for that.
I used unpaid vacations also for the following big project I did on my
own. I conceived and organized 3 times, affordable "world championship
for average glider pilot" that I called the "One Design" , Jantars Std
soaring competition for US and other countries pilots in Leszno, Poland
to give every glider pilot a chance to have a different experience,
different flying, different club organization.
Are you now telling me that you the greatest soaring eagles in the
world are not going to help Anna to learn to fly gliders? I still hope
that you can. Please spread the word.
Let's do it together, let's go for it, one student pilot that really
needs it.
I can't write Anna to tell her that american or british or franch or
italian, or danish, or swedish, or australian or german or russian or
saudiarabian pilots don't want, or can't help, I just can't!!!

Andre Volant
avolant at yahoo.com