737 runway accident video

Old January 4th 08, 09:52 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
WolfRat

Default 737 runway accident video

An actual video from a passenger during a runway collision

http://themainbang.typepad.com/blog/...ideo-good.html
Old January 4th 08, 10:30 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Robert M. Gary

On Jan 4, 12:52*pm, WolfRat wrote:
An actual video from a passenger during a runway collision

http://themainbang.typepad.com/blog/...ideo-good.html

Ok. Can anyone with a Eastern Block background explain what the phrase
"I must say...I have need of a love child by the large man, John Car"
means???

-robert
Old January 5th 08, 03:50 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
BT

How does one collide with a runway?

Old January 5th 08, 03:57 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
John Mazor[_2_]

"BT" wrote in message ...
How does one collide with a runway?

Prang!

It's not that hard - it's not as if it were a moving target. ;-)

Old January 5th 08, 07:15 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Robert M. Gary

On Jan 4, 6:50*pm, "BT" wrote:
How does one collide with a runway?

I think there is a translation issue. It sounds like there was a truck
on the runway.
Old January 5th 08, 01:45 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Stefan

Robert M. Gary schrieb:

Ok. Can anyone with a Eastern Block background explain what the phrase
"I must say...I have need of a love child by the large man, John Car"
means???

It probably means that the journalist doesn't understand a word of
Romanian and published some babeljoke. Also "...have destroyed the
national airspace system" sounds pretty bogus, too.
Old January 5th 08, 07:14 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Morgans[_2_]

"Judah" wrote

The title actually says it was a car that the plane hit, but my guess is
that
it was some sort of maintenance vehicle, otherwise which union would she
be
blaming for the accident?

I read in an account somewhere, that it was a car (or small truck) that was
taken out to check on the runway lighting, and it was foggy, and it was
forgotten about being there. Whether it was the tower's fault, or the
worker's fault has not been determined, at the time of the report.
--
Jim in NC

Runway J.F. Aviation Photos 14 September 14th 07 04:24 PM
Boing747 over-runs Landing-strip on wet Runway..............Crash Video Hans Piloting 3 June 28th 06 03:55 PM
Boing747 over-runs Landing-strip on wet Runway..............Crash Video Hansi Naval Aviation 0 June 26th 06 06:53 PM
VIDEO: Frecce Tricolore collides over Ramstein - a new head on video Montblack Piloting 1 February 12th 05 05:03 AM
Website of Aircraft Accident Video Cockpit Colin Piloting 1 August 20th 04 10:57 AM