America's Only Fly-In Pool Party is 7/25/09 -- You're invited!

Old July 14th 09, 03:41 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.owning,rec.aviation.homebuilt,rec.aviation.student
Monk

Default America's Only Fly-In Pool Party is 7/25/09 -- You're invited!

On Jul 1, 12:44*pm, "Jay Honeck" wrote:
We're just a few weeks away from America's only fly-in pool party at our
aviation themed hotel, the Alexis Park Inn & Suites! We're located right
next to Rwy 25 in Iowa City, IA (KIOW).

Here is your official invitation:http://www.alexisparkinn.com/iowa_city_pool_party.htm

Heading to OSH from the West? Don't do the FISK approach at the end of a
long x-country flight -- instead spend the night with fellow pilots, enjoy a
free cookout at poolside, and join us the next morning as we all fly into
OSH together! Iowa City is located just 90 minutes SW of Ripon, which means
you'll arrive in the world's busiest airspace fresh and (more importantly)
with people who have flown the approach many times.

Have you studied the NOTAM yet? If so, you'll know that you have to fly up
the railroad tracks from Ripon, after falling in trail behind the guy ahead
of you. This can be tricky, with planes converging on Ripon from all compass
points -- UNLESS you're already on the proper heading. Flying in from Iowa
City puts you precisely on the heading required, so no turns are required at
Ripon. It is quite literally a "straight shot" from Iowa City to Oshkosh!

Most of us camp in the North 40 at OSH, and one huge advantage to flying in
together as a group is that we all get parked near one another. You will
have the advantage of camping next to folks you already know, which makes
the week at OSH even more fun! (Remember, we do a Wednesday night party at
our site in the North 40, too, so you'll be close to the beer!)

This will be our 27th consecutive Oshkosh Fly In. We've thrown the pool
party for seven years (we bought the hotel in 2002, and spent the last seven
years converting each suite to a different aviation theme), and it's our way
of saying "Thanks!" to the pilot community for another great year! Whether
you spend the night, or just make Iowa City a fuel stop on your way to OSH,
be sure to join us at the Alexis Park Inn & Suites hotel for burgers, brats,
hot dogs, and refreshments -- all served for free!

Blue skies & tailwinds,

Jay & Mary

--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Can't make it this year either Jay. Have fun and like always, share
pictures.
Old July 14th 09, 04:17 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.owning,rec.aviation.homebuilt,rec.aviation.student
Jay Honeck[_2_]

Can't make it this year either Jay. Have fun and like always, share
pictures.

Will do -- but, dang it, Brian -- you have GOT to make it to OSH one of
these years. There just aren't that many years left, you know...
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old July 14th 09, 04:23 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.owning,rec.aviation.homebuilt,rec.aviation.student
Monk

On Jul 13, 11:17*pm, "Jay Honeck" wrote:
Can't make it this year either Jay. *Have fun and like always, share
pictures.

Will do -- but, dang it, Brian -- you have GOT to make it to OSH one of
these years. *There just aren't that many years left, you know...
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA
Pathfinder N56993
Ercoupe N94856www.AlexisParkInn.com
"Your Aviation Destination"

I know it Jay, it is just that the economy has been real bad and my
one and only last tenant hasn't been paying his rent lately. I have
enough for a few short local trips and one family trip and everyone
wants to go to the Outer Banks...A...GAIN...

Old July 15th 09, 05:45 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.owning,rec.aviation.homebuilt,rec.aviation.student
Jay Honeck[_2_]

I know it Jay, it is just that the economy has been real bad

I hear you on that. What a horrendous economic meltdown -- something I
never thought I'd witness in my lifetime. So far we're keeping our noses
above water, but the future is uncertain.

But OSH? That's sacred. I'd be there if I had to walk.

;-)
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA