Ampmeter, BYBob, Cooper etc, old school guys - Chicken?

Old August 4th 05, 10:48 PM
Richard Lamb

Heck, My Kawasaki Vulcan topped out at 135 mph with the small rear
tire!
I thought all ya had to do to qualify was outrun the cop car...
(and get off the road before the Motorola caught up)

Richard

Old August 5th 05, 09:52 PM
Birdbrain13

No doubt - more guys make the 130 club with motorcycles than with cars
- power to weight!
my brother and I are going for 200mph - but they require you to step
up to that speed - so newcomers are best served going for either 130
or 150 mph club
.. Notice that with the exception of Riley - the rest of the guys
Oysterhouse, JJ(highflyer), Cooper, Wantaja (hell he could write about
it and sell it - whats his problem?) Chuck slpmcehifpjiofew[pfwasbc,
and a bunch of other unnamed coconspirators have refused to reply -

At least Ampmeter had the balls to admity he didn't have the required
nuts publically.

like I said - talks cheap - I hear stories every day about how fast
someones car is - course they never seem to take me up on the prove
it!
gonzo
guess I'll call stricker and harass him!

Old August 5th 05, 09:58 PM
Birdbrain13

Hey Johanes - we are looking for one of those lat 80's audis with 400
HP 5 cylinder engine and 4wd. we want to turn it into a hill climb
racer - Pikes Peak!!

As far as I can tell it was designated as the quatro S-1. (before that
I think it was the sr21 or something like that!

A stealth racer! 4 door sedan looking firebreather - yahoooo!

Carl Gonzo Johansson

Old August 5th 05, 10:59 PM
John Ammeter

On 5 Aug 2005 13:52:59 -0700, "Birdbrain13"
wrote:

No doubt - more guys make the 130 club with motorcycles than with cars
- power to weight!
my brother and I are going for 200mph - but they require you to step
up to that speed - so newcomers are best served going for either 130
or 150 mph club
. Notice that with the exception of Riley - the rest of the guys
Oysterhouse, JJ(highflyer), Cooper, Wantaja (hell he could write about
it and sell it - whats his problem?) Chuck slpmcehifpjiofew[pfwasbc,
and a bunch of other unnamed coconspirators have refused to reply -

At least Ampmeter had the balls to admity he didn't have the required
nuts publically.

****, Birdbrain, you're as dense as Jaun.... either can't
or won't read what's right in front of you. Let me help you
out here... I'll quote my response to your generous offer
below.

Birdbrain....

"I've got a prior commitment that weekend... That's the
weekend of our Annual Meeting of the Snohomish Tribe of
Indians and, since I'm up for re-election as Vice Chair (how
appropriate), I really should be there."

ampmeter

Old August 6th 05, 09:43 AM
Johannes Gerber

On 5 Aug 2005 13:58:44 -0700, "Birdbrain13"
wrote:

Hey Johanes - we are looking for one of those lat 80's audis with 400
HP 5 cylinder engine and 4wd. we want to turn it into a hill climb
racer - Pikes Peak!!

Ok for Stock, but otherwise pathetic. Truly Pathetic.

That engine is good for 900, highway use, if you have a competent
tuner and are not afraid of boost pressure.

You would need to strengthen and Brace the bodyshell to make it
handle, though. Actually, you need to do that anyway.

As far as I can tell it was designated as the quatro S-1. (before that
I think it was the sr21 or something like that!

Dunno - got to ask guy at work on that - he's an Audi Nut.

A stealth racer! 4 door sedan looking firebreather - yahoooo!

There was a daily driver Audi at the Nitrolympics drag races at
Hockenheim.

It made burning up blow 'vettes look effortless. No Burnout, just
simply staged and ran. It was demoralising for the competition.

IIRC (but I could be wrong) it was beaten by a VW Golf in the end...

Johannes

ps. Speed is nothing. Anyone can go fast in a straight line.
Acceleration and Control, lateral and/or longitudinal, seperate the
men from the boys. Stuff the salt flats. Go to the Green Hell - the
Nürburgring, or if inclided to two wheels, the Isle of Manx as well.
Old August 16th 05, 04:04 PM
Birdbrain13

Pot - meet the Kettle - and call him black - scroll up I responded
to you long ago -sheesh what a yahooo!

Gonzo

Old August 16th 05, 04:08 PM
Birdbrain13

We just do the salt Flats as a family fun deal. We really built the
cars to Run the open road races in Nevada, Texas and Ensinada! We also
take em to alot of track days at various tracks here in the western US.

I agree speeds overated - getting a car to go around a road course
fast and smooth- now thats fun!