German High Speed SAM Missile

Old October 22nd 03, 04:31 AM
Thomas Schoene

"JT" wrote in message
om
"Thomas Schoene" wrote in message
news:X11lb.5227
OK, that's pretty much what I said at the outset -- it's a
technology demosntrator that will produce concepts that may show up
in future programs. That's not the same as the original post, which
said HKF 2 could be operational by 2010.
--
Tom Schoene Replace "invalid" with "net" to
e-mail "If brave men and women never died, there would be nothing

Check out this quote from:
http://www.afcea.org/signal/europe20...ny/Germany.htm

Dr. Michael Langer, head of the BGT liaison office in Koblenz, reports
that the company also is developing the HFK hypervelocity missile to
replace the Roland surface-to-air missile system.

OK, this is something I had not sseen anywhere before. I'm quite surprised,
as this seems like an area where there is very little urgent need for
improvement and other reports realyl seemed to nidicate that it's a
longr-rnage project. But if BGT says that's what they're doing, I can't deny
it.

Old October 22nd 03, 05:14 PM
JT

"Thomas Schoene" wrote in message news:CSmlb.580$
Check out this quote from:
http://www.afcea.org/signal/europe20...ny/Germany.htm

OK, this is something I had not sseen anywhere before. I'm quite surprised,
as this seems like an area where there is very little urgent need for
improvement and other reports realyl seemed to nidicate that it's a
longr-rnage project. But if BGT says that's what they're doing, I can't deny
it.

The only thing which I would hesitate a bit on is that by the link, it
looks like this report was written in 2000. Seeing how quickly things
change, the program may have taken a different turn from what was
described by BGT. But if it does remain as described...it will be one
kick ass missile!