Rare Michigan Soaring

Old September 9th 09, 12:00 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Robert Fidler

Default Rare Michigan Soaring

Sept 4-7 proved to be a rare soaring conditions in Michigan for sept. I
flew 4 straight long crosscountry flights in Michigan (IONIA), longest
flight was 516km, shortest 327km, total of 1571km for an average of 392+.
This year we rarely flew 2 days in succession. Wonders really can happen.
All flights posted on OLC.

Bob Fidler (F1)
Old September 9th 09, 01:30 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
hotelalpha

On Sep 9, 4:00*am, Robert Fidler
wrote:
Sept 4-7 proved to be a rare soaring conditions in Michigan for sept. I
flew 4 straight long crosscountry flights in Michigan (IONIA), longest
flight was 516km, shortest 327km, total of 1571km for an average of 392+.
This year we rarely flew 2 days in succession. Wonders really can happen.
All flights posted on OLC.

Bob Fidler (F1)

Oh, I see. You took the good weather we were suppose to get for the
Regional. Right? Right?

Hotel Alpha
Old September 9th 09, 02:00 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Robert Fidler

At 12:30 09 September 2009, hotelalpha wrote:
On Sep 9, 4:00=A0am, Robert Fidler
wrote:
Sept 4-7 proved to be a rare soaring conditions in Michigan for sept.

flew 4 straight long crosscountry flights in Michigan (IONIA), longest
flight was 516km, shortest 327km, total of 1571km for an average of

392+.
This year we rarely flew 2 days in succession. Wonders really can

happen.
All flights posted on OLC.

Bob Fidler (F1)

Oh, I see. You took the good weather we were suppose to get for the
Regional. Right? Right?

Hotel Alpha

It was your fathers fault.
F1
Old September 9th 09, 04:39 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Bob 7U

Being in the right place, at the right time, is all part of it!...
well done Bob.

Bob

7U

Old September 9th 09, 10:37 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
vontresc

wrote:
Sept 4-7 proved to be a rare soaring conditions in Michigan for sept. I
flew 4 straight long crosscountry flights in Michigan (IONIA), longest
flight was 516km, shortest 327km, total of 1571km for an average of 392+.
This year we rarely flew 2 days in succession. Wonders really can happen.
All flights posted on OLC.

Bob Fidler (F1)

SEPT 1st *was a good day too out of Sandhill Soaring, I did all the
fun things for my Silver Badge.
The paper work is in!!
* Glennnnnnnn- Hide quoted text -

It sure was a good week in the upper midwest. We had guys fly all
three days of labor day weekend at our club in Hartford, WI. If it
wasn't for my bladder I would have got all three of my Silver legs
done on monday, but two out of three ain't bad.

Pete
Old September 10th 09, 08:13 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
John Cochrane

It sure was a good week in the upper midwest. We had guys fly all
three days of labor day weekend at our club in Hartford, WI. If it
wasn't for my bladder I would have got all three of my Silver legs
done on monday, but two out of three ain't bad.

Chicago had a very rare 9 out of 10 days with cross country soaring.
Not all spectacular, but very unusual.

Now, most important. You must learn to pee in a glider! The record of
accidents from dehydrated pilots who did not want to drink because
they hadn't worked this out is abysmal. If I were king, the bronze
badge and prerequisite to any silver flying would be, enter that
glider and come out with a full pee bag.

John Cochrane

Thunder over michigan DougS Piloting 3 July 9th 07 02:22 PM
FA: 1-Day-Left: Rare Book - CHARLES LINDBERGH - "WE" - The Spirit of St. Louis - Rare, Vintage Book Jeff Aviation Marketplace 0 September 24th 05 12:25 PM
FA: Rare Book - CHARLES LINDBERGH - "WE" - The Spirit of St. Louis - Rare, Vintage Book Jan Aviation Marketplace 0 September 19th 05 02:44 AM
Winter in Michigan Roger Owning 8 January 28th 05 06:24 PM
Winter in Michigan. Denny Owning 2 January 28th 05 04:47 AM