Dillingham Field

Old September 11th 09, 05:28 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Guy[_7_]

Default Dillingham Field

Has anyone rented a glider to fly solo at Dillingham Field in 2009?
Old September 13th 09, 05:09 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Guy asked: Has anyone rented a glider to fly solo at Dillingham
Field in 2009?

Yes, I have flown solo in 2009 on several occasions. I rent from Woody
at Honolulu Soaring. They required me to take and pass their internet
on-line written exam. Then, I flew with an instructor (actually, their
FAA examiner, and very easy to work with). After that, I took my
friends up for rides.

They don't use their SGS 2-33 much, so it is usually available.
However, the requirement to fly anything slicker is that you must
carry your own renter's insurance. Since I don't, and since my owner's
policy does not include renting, I simply fly their 2-33. Not a
problem; any kind of soaring is fun.

The difficult requirement is to fly with them every 90 days to remain
qualified. I was just there last week and was surprised that I had to
go up with an instructor to regain currency even though my 90 days had
just lapsed. Unfortunately, the plane went out-of-service the evening
before my reservation and cancelled my flight. I likely would have
cancelled anyways since my funds did not include the cost of the extra
flight.

Raul Boerner
LS6-b "DM"

Dillingham Field Guy[_7_] Soaring 7 September 13th 09 06:45 AM
Meigs Field Harold A Climer Simulators 1 April 25th 07 04:02 AM
On-field places to eat FLAV8R Piloting 19 October 12th 06 01:07 PM
Bader Field (AIY) ??? Rosspilot Piloting 0 January 26th 04 12:22 AM
Field report JJ Sinclair Soaring 0 October 2nd 03 02:49 PM