A aviation & planes forum. AviationBanter

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   Home » AviationBanter forum » rec.aviation newsgroups » Soaring
Site Map Home Register Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

Anyone flying at Stanton this weekend?

Old April 1st 16, 03:35 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
[email protected]
external usenet poster

Default Anyone flying at Stanton this weekend?

Hey all you minneapolis MN guys, is anyone going to be flying out at Stanton this weekend? I'm hauling my 1-26 with me up to ND and would like to take a xc jaunt or two this weekend on my way through. It looks like a downwind run may be in the works.
Old April 1st 16, 01:11 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
MNLou
external usenet poster

The Minnesota Soaring Club, based at Stanton, plans to fly on Sunday. Saturday was cancelled due to NW winds gusting to 40 mph.

The airfield itself, Stanton Sport Aviation, offers commercial tows as well. Give them a call if you want to go SE on Saturday.

Lou
Old April 1st 16, 02:43 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
[email protected]
external usenet poster

Thanks Lou, the new forcast keeps upping the winds so it looks like saturday is out, and as I sit here in the hotel in rochester, I'm watching the latest round of snow flurries passing thru and to rhink a day ago I was complaining about the 80 degree n humidity in FL lol.
Dan