A aviation & planes forum. AviationBanter

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   Home » AviationBanter forum » rec.aviation newsgroups » Soaring
Site Map Home Register Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

Looking for a car to rent in Nephi

Old April 5th 16, 07:28 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dave Springford
external usenet poster

Default Looking for a car to rent in Nephi

I'm planning to go to the 15M Nationals in Nephi and am looking for a car or truck to rent so that the RV can stay parked for the duration of the contest. Before I go to one of the commercial rental companies to book something, I thought I would see if there are any glider pilots in the Nephi area that might be willing to rent something to me during the contest.

Ideally, it will have a trailer hitch just in case of retrieve, but it is not necessary as any commercial rental will be without that option.

Anyone that is able to help out, please email me directly at:
dave "at" foxonecorp "dot" com

thanks,

Dave Springford
Old April 5th 16, 08:03 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Mike the Strike
external usenet poster

On Tuesday, April 5, 2016 at 11:28:24 AM UTC-7, Dave Springford wrote:
I'm planning to go to the 15M Nationals in Nephi and am looking for a car or truck to rent so that the RV can stay parked for the duration of the contest. Before I go to one of the commercial rental companies to book something, I thought I would see if there are any glider pilots in the Nephi area that might be willing to rent something to me during the contest.

Ideally, it will have a trailer hitch just in case of retrieve, but it is not necessary as any commercial rental will be without that option.

thanks,

Dave Springford

We looked at renting a car last year when I flew at Nephi and there are very few (and expensive) commercial options.

Mike
Old April 5th 16, 08:25 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Craig Funston
external usenet poster

On Tuesday, April 5, 2016 at 12:03:19 PM UTC-7, Mike the Strike wrote:
On Tuesday, April 5, 2016 at 11:28:24 AM UTC-7, Dave Springford wrote:

thanks,

Dave Springford

We looked at renting a car last year when I flew at Nephi and there are very few (and expensive) commercial options.

Mike

Rented a car two years ago from Enterprise in Provo. Reasonable cost and good service.
Old April 6th 16, 04:56 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
[email protected]
external usenet poster

On Tuesday, April 5, 2016 at 2:28:24 PM UTC-4, Dave Springford wrote:

thanks,

Dave Springford

Hi Dave,
Most of the local glider pilots that fly Nephi live around 75+ miles north from the airport (closer to Salt Lake City). With freeway speeds, we can get to the airport in around an hour or less and the excellent flying makes it worth the few minutes extra drive. We have very few glider pilots who live in the Provo valley area but we will be working hard to fix that in the upcoming years. The best bet will be a rental car company in the Provo/Spanish Fork area. Hope this helps.

Bruno - B4
Old April 6th 16, 11:21 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dave Springford
external usenet poster

Thanks All,

The question is a long-shot, but I thought I would ask because if you don't ask...

I have already scouted out the Enterprise in Provo and we'll be driving right past it with the RV and trailer on the way into Nephi so it will be an easy pick-up and return, but will have no trailer hitch.