Jet launched glider

Old February 10th 04, 02:54 AM

Default Jet launched glider

The photo gallery on the SSA webpage has a photo by Mike Abernathy with
this description:

"Bob Carlton working on his innovative conversion of an Alisport Silent
to be self-launching using 2 AMT USA jet engines. Bob has test flown it
and reports it to climb well."

Can anyone tell me the email addresses of either Abernathy or Carlton?
Respond to .

Thanks,

Greg Arnold

Old February 10th 04, 06:41 AM
Lorry Charchian

" wrote in message news:LJXVb.28628$tP1.16964@fed1read07...
The photo gallery on the SSA webpage has a photo by Mike Abernathy with
this description:

"Bob Carlton working on his innovative conversion of an Alisport Silent
to be self-launching using 2 AMT USA jet engines. Bob has test flown it
and reports it to climb well."

Can anyone tell me the email addresses of either Abernathy or Carlton?
Respond to .

Thanks,

Greg Arnold

Hi Greg,

Bob's email is
and his web page is
www.silentwingsairshows.com

He has a continuous video he was showing at the Silent stand at the
Convention. It was realy convincing. It is refreshing to see people
thinking outside the box!

Lorry Charchian
Old February 10th 04, 07:10 PM
F.L. Whiteley

"Lorry Charchian" wrote in message
m...
" wrote in message

The photo gallery on the SSA webpage has a photo by Mike Abernathy with
this description:

"Bob Carlton working on his innovative conversion of an Alisport Silent
to be self-launching using 2 AMT USA jet engines. Bob has test flown it
and reports it to climb well."

Can anyone tell me the email addresses of either Abernathy or Carlton?
Respond to .

Thanks,

Greg Arnold

Hi Greg,

Bob's email is
and his web page is
www.silentwingsairshows.com

He has a continuous video he was showing at the Silent stand at the
Convention. It was realy convincing. It is refreshing to see people
thinking outside the box!

Lorry Charchian

Albeit an interesting concept, it convinced it would be nice to have a
really long runway, especially here in Colorado. I thought the single
bladed prop on the display model an equally elegant solution.

Frank Whiteley

Old February 11th 04, 11:09 PM
Howard

"F.L. Whiteley" wrote in
:

Albeit an interesting concept, it convinced it would be nice to have a
really long runway, especially here in Colorado. I thought the single
bladed prop on the display model an equally elegant solution.

Frank Whiteley

Field elevation at 0e0 is 6200 msl, FWIW. How much higher are you than
that?

(bitshift, etc to respond - if you dare! BWAHAHAHA!!!)
Old February 12th 04, 05:36 AM
F.L. Whiteley

"Howard" wrote in message
"F.L. Whiteley" wrote in
:

Albeit an interesting concept, it convinced it would be nice to have a
really long runway, especially here in Colorado. I thought the single
bladed prop on the display model an equally elegant solution.

Frank Whiteley

Field elevation at 0e0 is 6200 msl, FWIW. How much higher are you than
that?

(bitshift, etc to respond - if you dare! BWAHAHAHA!!!)

You do have a 7700ft runway. That might be long enough at 6200msl. We have
5280 fence to fence, but it's not all what I'd call runway. Maybe use the
CG hook for a winch launch, then motor away;^)

Old February 12th 04, 01:35 PM
Bill Daniels

"F.L. Whiteley" wrote in message

"Howard" wrote in message
"F.L. Whiteley" wrote in
:

Albeit an interesting concept, it convinced it would be nice to have a
really long runway, especially here in Colorado. I thought the single
bladed prop on the display model an equally elegant solution.

Frank Whiteley

Field elevation at 0e0 is 6200 msl, FWIW. How much higher are you than
that?

(bitshift, etc to respond - if you dare! BWAHAHAHA!!!)

You do have a 7700ft runway. That might be long enough at 6200msl. We

have
5280 fence to fence, but it's not all what I'd call runway. Maybe use the
CG hook for a winch launch, then motor away;^)

Frank, just add the afterburner. 150 pounds of thrust will get the glider
moving smartly. It's just like a winch launch without the winch. Just kick
the tires, light the fire and then run out of gas at 2500 AGL over the
airfield.

Of course, there's a two meter flame with shock diamonds coming out the
tailpipe . That'll probably wake everyone up for miles.

Bill Daniels

Old February 12th 04, 03:30 PM
Tim Ward

"Bill Daniels" wrote in message

"F.L. Whiteley" wrote in message

"Howard" wrote in message
"F.L. Whiteley" wrote in
:

[...]

Gives a whole new meaning to the word "Silent".

Tim Ward

Sport Pilot - School Won't Offer Gary G Piloting 38 February 16th 05 10:41 AM
Bad publicity David Starer Soaring 18 March 8th 04 03:57 PM
I wish I'd never got into this... Kevin Neave Soaring 32 September 19th 03 12:18 PM
Restricting Glider Ops at Public Arpt. rjciii Soaring 36 August 25th 03 04:50 PM