Public ADS-B Performance Report Request

Old March 6th 18, 11:21 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
son_of_flubber

Default Public ADS-B Performance Report Request

If you have installed ADS-B out or TABS, you will be interested in this

https://adsbperformance.faa.gov/PAPRRequest.aspx

Old March 7th 18, 12:59 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Craig Funston[_3_]

On Tuesday, March 6, 2018 at 3:21:10 PM UTC-8, son_of_flubber wrote:
If you have installed ADS-B out or TABS, you will be interested in this

https://adsbperformance.faa.gov/PAPRRequest.aspx

Thanks Flub,

It was on my list to track that down.

Cheers,
Craig
7Q
Old March 7th 18, 01:08 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dan Marotta

Got a report yesterday on my new ADS-B Out/In in our Skywagon. Perfect
performance!

--
Dan, 5J
Old March 7th 18, 01:11 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Andy Blackburn[_3_]

No Trig TT21? Isn’t that a valid TABS device?

Andy
Old March 7th 18, 01:22 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Darryl Ramm

I highly recommend folks run these reports for their gliders with ADS-B Out installs, both 2020 Compliant and TABS installs.

But if if you glider has a SIL=1 TABS install the report will flag multiple GPS source integrity errors, that is normal. NIC, NACp, SIL, SDA will be flagged/marked red. For TABS make sure SIL and SDA show up as an average of 1.0 in the Integrity and Accuracy table

If your glider has a SIL=3 2020 Compliant install it should not be flagged for anything.

Make sure the install SIL level is appropriate for your glider, you cannot use a TN72 with SIL=3 in a certified glider. And yes it will get discovered easily by the FAA (no ADS-B Out '337 on file for that aircraft).

The ADS-B performance report is a useful report to check everything is OK, aircraft type is glider, ICAO ID is correct, N-number is correct etc. If you are doing a TABS install in any type of glider, or a 2020 Compliant install in an experimental glider there is no formal notice/verification action to the FAA required.

For a 2020 Compliant ADS-B Out install in a type certified glider (with a TN70+TT22 not a TN72 GPS Source, and not a TT21 transponder) your A&P IA needs to submit a '337 for the ADS-B Out install, based on the existing Peregrine/TT22 STC (available for free via Trig dealers). That certified aircraft install would normally include a formal verification flight (not required for any other installs mentioned above). A&P IA who want to navigate the details can start with FAA Policy N 8900.362. Yes it says it's expired, no it's not and is still in effect. This is what guides every FSDO with ADS-B Out installs. Glider owners should probably find a glider A&P IA who knows what they are doing here or willing to learn vs. trying to contact a FSDO themselves to ask questions.

https://www.faa.gov/regulations_poli...mentID/1029526

Old March 7th 18, 01:29 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Darryl Ramm

On Tuesday, March 6, 2018 at 5:11:59 PM UTC-8, Andy Blackburn wrote:
No Trig TT21? Isn’t that a valid TABS device?

Andy

These reports were not designed for TABS devices, they are for 2020 CompliantADS-B Out devices which the TT21 is *not*.

But if you have a TT21 and doing a check yourself on your TABS system I just say it's a TT22 and then in the comments section say its really a TT21 configured for TABS/TCO-C199 and that this install is not seeking to comply with 14 CFR 21.225/227.

Even if its a TT22 but configured for TABS in a type certified glider I would also make a note that this is a TABS/TCO-C199 and is not seeking to comply with 14 CFR 21.225/227.

These reports will likely eventually noticed by FSDO staff and they might not understand TABS, if they do reach out to you use that as a chance to educate them/point them at TSO-C199. Or just point them at me, I'm happy to help.

Old March 7th 18, 02:02 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Darryl Ramm

[...]

Grr I meant 91.225/227 not 21.blah.
Old March 7th 18, 04:14 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
JS[_5_]

On Tuesday, March 6, 2018 at 6:02:43 PM UTC-8, Darryl Ramm wrote:
[...]

220, 221... Whatever it takes.
Jim
Old March 7th 18, 03:03 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dan Marotta

On 3/6/2018 6:29 PM, Darryl Ramm wrote:
if they do reach out to you use that as a chance to educate them/point them at TSO-C199. Or just point them at me, I'm happy to help.

Who are you Darryl?

We've gotten a lot of good advice and information from you, and that's
much appreciated.Â* So is this a hobby for you or are you with the FAA,
an avionics supplier, consultant on the program, etc.? Your knowledge on
the subject seems vast.

Best,
--
Dan, 5J