Xmas Eve 1944

Old December 24th 03, 05:22 PM
ArtKramr

Default Xmas Eve 1944

We fly two missions again today. No losses. The sky is once more full of
C-47's and parachutes as the 101st continues to be resupplied. The C-47's will
fly over 5,000 missions before the battle is over. The men of the 101st await
Xmas Eve deep down in their frozen foxholes clutching their K rations which
will make up their dinner on xmas day. Here in the 344th BG we also have our K
rations, And glad to have them. . Mechanics and ground crews will work late
into the cold night preparing our planes for tomorrows mission. I fall asleep
thinking about absent friends.

Arthur Kramer
344th BG 494th BS
Visit my WW II B-26 website at:
http://www.coastcomp.com/artkramer

Old December 24th 03, 06:20 PM
Tarver Engineering

"ArtKramr" wrote in message
We fly two missions again today. No losses. The sky is once more full of
C-47's and parachutes as the 101st continues to be resupplied. The C-47's

will
fly over 5,000 missions before the battle is over. The men of the 101st

await
Xmas Eve deep down in their frozen foxholes clutching their K rations

which
will make up their dinner on xmas day. Here in the 344th BG we also have

our K
rations, And glad to have them. . Mechanics and ground crews will work

late
into the cold night preparing our planes for tomorrows mission. I fall

asleep
thinking about absent friends.

The door will close at Bastogne in the morning and the 82nd must hurry, if
they are to save the SS from a great slaughter.