AirEd - editing Tbl3D entries?

Old September 14th 04, 09:49 PM
Tom Peel

Default AirEd - editing Tbl3D entries?

Hello

does anyone know how to use the hex editor in AirEd to edit Tbl3D
tables. My main problem is, I can't figure out how the hex contents of a
table are organised.

Thx
T.
Old September 16th 04, 02:26 PM
Icebound

"Tom Peel" wrote in message
Hello

does anyone know how to use the hex editor in AirEd to edit Tbl3D
tables. My main problem is, I can't figure out how the hex contents of a
table are organised.

Thx
T.

AirEd produces the "organization" of the table for you in a matrix form.

Click on the item om AirEd's main display, and it will display a matrix with
the X-Y axis, and you just fill in a value (Z) into the matrix for each
possible x-y pair.

There is no need to "edit as hex". The trick is only in knowing what values
to enter :-)

Old September 16th 04, 06:17 PM
Tom Peel

Icebound wrote:
"Tom Peel" wrote in message

Hello

does anyone know how to use the hex editor in AirEd to edit Tbl3D
tables. My main problem is, I can't figure out how the hex contents of a
table are organised.

Thx
T.

AirEd produces the "organization" of the table for you in a matrix form.

Click on the item om AirEd's main display, and it will display a matrix with
the X-Y axis, and you just fill in a value (Z) into the matrix for each
possible x-y pair.

There is no need to "edit as hex". The trick is only in knowing what values
to enter :-)

looks like I relied too much on the Online Help- it says the
"NOTE:It is now possible to edit the first row and column (shown in
grey). "
Nothing about the other values, but hey, I tried it like you said, and
you can edit the other values too!

Thanks a lot
Old September 16th 04, 06:49 PM
Icebound

"Tom Peel" wrote in message
Icebound wrote:
"Tom Peel" wrote in message

[...]

That NOTE had to do with that fact that in previous versions, the x-y
values, ie: the first row and column were LOCKED...there are the fixed x-y
pairs... and you could ONLY edit the rest of the values.

In the recent version, you can supposedly ALSO edit the first row and
column, but in fact, it is not clear how you are supposed to be able to do
that. I can't.