Headset wiring schmeatic

Old March 6th 05, 07:30 PM
L.D.

Default Headset wiring schmeatic

I have a flightcom headset and the cord to the plugs has deteriorated,
been patched over and over, so I took plugs off some time ago and used
them some where else. Now someone has given me a cord with plugs and I
need to know how to wire the mic plug. Out of the headset for the mic
there are 3 wires, black, yellow, and blue. On the mic cord there are 2
wires, green and a braided ground. On the plug its self starting from
the tip, it has nothing, the second fron the tip has the green, and the
last has the braided ground. If anybouy understands what I am saying and
knows how to wire that up I would appreciate knowing.
L.D.

Old March 7th 05, 01:13 AM
L.D.

"L.D." wrote in message

I have a flightcom headset and the cord to the plugs has deteriorated, been
patched over and over, so I took plugs off some time ago and used them some
where else. Now someone has given me a cord with plugs and I need to know
how to wire the mic plug. Out of the headset for the mic there are 3 wires,
black, yellow, and blue. On the mic cord there are 2 wires, green and a
braided ground. On the plug its self starting from the tip, it has nothing,
the second fron the tip has the green, and the last has the braided ground.
If anybouy understands what I am saying and knows how to wire that up I
would appreciate knowing.
L.D.

Todd, That isn't quit right. I've got an extra wire from the headset not
shown in the DC schematic. Any other leads?

Old March 7th 05, 01:36 AM
Jim Austin

L.D. wrote:
I have a flightcom headset and the cord to the plugs has deteriorated,
been patched over and over, so I took plugs off some time ago and used
them some where else. Now someone has given me a cord with plugs and I
need to know how to wire the mic plug. Out of the headset for the mic
there are 3 wires, black, yellow, and blue. On the mic cord there are 2
wires, green and a braided ground. On the plug its self starting from
the tip, it has nothing, the second fron the tip has the green, and the
last has the braided ground. If anybouy understands what I am saying and
knows how to wire that up I would appreciate knowing.
L.D.

Check out the Flightcom website. They have wiring diagrams there for
all their headsets. Here is a link for their model 4DLX:

http://www.flightcom.net/pdf/4dlx_manual_new.pdf