flying platform

Old October 4th 04, 08:18 PM
Bill3

Default flying platform

Having just driven a Segway for the first time, I imagined what a
three dimensioanl version would be like. Spent some time online
looking at Hiller's flying platform, which seemed closest. Was unable
to find any information on current attempts to re-create the flying
platform. Does anyone know of a company so inclined? Especially
interested in kit or plans, since I can't afford a Segway either.
Thanks.
Old October 4th 04, 08:39 PM
Richard Lamb

Bill3 wrote:

Having just driven a Segway for the first time, I imagined what a
three dimensioanl version would be like. Spent some time online
looking at Hiller's flying platform, which seemed closest. Was unable
to find any information on current attempts to re-create the flying
platform. Does anyone know of a company so inclined? Especially
interested in kit or plans, since I can't afford a Segway either.
Thanks.

That was an interesting flying machine, but I believe development
was dropped long ago.

But you've got the money several companies will probably incline.

Richard
Old October 4th 04, 10:30 PM
Capt.Doug

http://www.roadabletimes.com/roadables-vtol_pam.html

D.

Old October 5th 04, 12:46 AM
Kyle Boatright

"Bill3" wrote in message
m...
Having just driven a Segway for the first time, I imagined what a
three dimensioanl version would be like. Spent some time online
looking at Hiller's flying platform, which seemed closest. Was unable
to find any information on current attempts to re-create the flying
platform. Does anyone know of a company so inclined? Especially
interested in kit or plans, since I can't afford a Segway either.
Thanks.

Don't you remember the Space Ranger? It was 4 plans built turbojets bolted
to a frame. You controlled the direction of flight by weight shift. They
advertized the thing in the back of Popular Science for 10+ years when I was
a kid...

Repeat after me:

I want to live a life of danger.
I want to fly a Space Ranger

Old October 5th 04, 03:56 AM
Colibri

Bill3 wrote:
Having just driven a Segway for the first time, I imagined what a
three dimensioanl version would be like. Spent some time online
looking at Hiller's flying platform, which seemed closest. Was unable
to find any information on current attempts to re-create the flying
platform. Does anyone know of a company so inclined? Especially
interested in kit or plans, since I can't afford a Segway either.
Thanks.

"Hummingbird" kits were offered a few years ago by Rafi Yoeli. He posts
here occasionally about another project he's been working on.

You can find a short video at http://www.urbanaero.com/Frame-Film_Downloads.htm