Mid Life Crisis gift to myself, Pilot Training

Old April 14th 06, 10:43 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,alt.games.microsoft.flight-sim

Default Mid Life Crisis gift to myself, Pilot Training

"Dallas"

"Crash Lander"
You mean real people actually have real sex? ;-)

Single ones do.

Would that require an ATPL?

Frode

Old April 14th 06, 10:44 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,alt.games.microsoft.flight-sim

"Dallas"

"Jase Vanover"
I, too, played with MSFS for a long time. There really is no
comparison.

It's
kind of like flipping through Playboy versus having sex...

Na... I'd say it was more like having sex with a rubber blow up doll vs.
the
real thing.

Ah, rubber versus latex you mean? Yes, I know, quite a different feeling
altogether.

Frode

Old April 14th 06, 11:40 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,alt.games.microsoft.flight-sim

"Dallas" wrote in message
ink.net...

"Crash Lander"
You mean real people actually have real sex? ;-)

Single ones do.

:-)

Dallas

Bugger!
Crash Lander

Old April 14th 06, 12:25 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,alt.games.microsoft.flight-sim

RandyL wrote:
I certainly don't want to tell you what to do, but here is an
observation. $8500 is a LOT of money.

That's Canadian dollars, don't forget. Not that bad at all. Less than
the price of many other "mid-life crises", as a new motorcycle, flashy
speedboat, or sports car, for example.

Go for it, I say. And so he's not going to find himself being picked up
for a co-jo on a big heavy, but there's plenty of opportunity for mature
flight instructors. Might just be the kind of late career someone's
looking for as they begin to wind down towards (and into) retirement.

Si
Old April 14th 06, 01:08 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,alt.games.microsoft.flight-sim

Frode Berg wrote:

Ah, rubber versus latex you mean? Yes, I know, quite a different feeling
altogether.

Frode

You have to LOVE this forum. There's an expert on everything here.

SE

Old April 14th 06, 07:15 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,alt.games.microsoft.flight-sim

On piece of advice - go get your medical now before you start, rather than
getting into it and then finding an issue that stops you soloing. Hopefully
you're in good shape and this will not be an issue.

- Barney
"HarDeeHarHar" wrote in message
.. .
I'm 48, and time to have me som fun...
Been flying as a passenger since I was 8 months, have had 102 flights on
commercial flights that I can recall ...
Have flown Schweizer 232 sailplanes, and Cessna 172's (not take off or
landings.)
Have played with MS Flight Sim since 1995, and probably have logged over
400 hours of flight on that game....the new ATC versions make it more fun.

I understand flight theory and dynamics, and have felt at home and at ease
while behind the yoke or stick while in the 172 and 232's.

So I looked at flight training, and here west of Toronto at the Guelph
airport, it's about $4500 allowing me to carry one passenger, $7500 to
carry multiple passengers, or $8500 (plus 200 hrs @ $125/hr) for
commercial pilot...(all in Canadian $$$)

So I have time, might as well go for the commercial licence, and have me
some fun...not that it will get me a job by the time I'm done (I'll be
51 - 52 by my training timeline).

Never too late, and since having sex with Jeannie (Barbara Eden) is out of
the question (Hey, she's still hot for 72), I might as well fulfill
anpother dream, eh?

Old April 17th 06, 05:59 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,alt.games.microsoft.flight-sim

Then, by all means GO FOR IT! I too intend to work through and get my
commercial (US) and then my CFI. With my proposed schedule it'd be just
about retirement time for me and would give me part time job AND let me
share aviation.

Good Luck!!
Chris

That would be my dream retirement. I wish you the best. My immediate goal is
to solo by the end of the year. I haven't started yet. I'm selling a
business and hope to fund my PPL with some of that. My only concern about
the CFI part of the dream is a red/green colorblindness issue. If I can't
demonstrate ability I would be limited to daytime restrictions and might be
disqualified from CFI. Anyone know?

Andy