New to the Newsgroup

Old September 30th 06, 07:43 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
CareBear

Default New to the Newsgroup

I've been lurking here since May of this year and thought I'd go ahead and
announce myself. I started flying in May and am now on my third dual xc.
Flying has always been a dream of mine and I decided to "make it happen"
since I'm getting much older (55, I don't plan on becoming a career pilot).
I have about 25 hours flying time. My greatest experience so far was my
solo flight. This newsgroup presents (for the most part) a lot of good and
useful information as well as experiences. Just thought I would say hello.

CareBear

Old September 30th 06, 07:48 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Martin Hotze[_1_]

On Sat, 30 Sep 2006 13:43:17 -0500, CareBear wrote:

Just thought I would say hello.

Hi!

care to share where you fly out (and rent) and how your training went so
far?

#m
--
Arabic T-shirt sparks airport row

I Am Not A Terrorist http://itsnotallbad.com/iamnotaterrorist/
Old September 30th 06, 07:58 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
CareBear

Not at all. I train out of Cullman, AL in a C-152. So far the training is
going good. I did have a time getting used to rudder work (and still do
occasionally) but its getting much better.

CareBear

Old September 30th 06, 09:47 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
kontiki

Welcome, we are glad to have you! You can be proud of your accomplishments
so far... its not a trivial excercise as I'm sure all the other pilots here
will tell you. As far as being too old, well you are never too old to persue
your dreams (unless you are dead!).

I started at age 9 with my first flight in a Cessna Aerobat (saved my
birthday money up and paid for the ride myself!). From then on there was a
37 year suspension in my lessions until age 46 when I could finally get
back to my first love. Then I kept on getting more ratings because I'm such
an aviation nut, and now I get to teach others how to fly.

There's nothing more rewarding, so all the best of luck and keep us imformed.

Old September 30th 06, 09:48 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Dan Luke

"CareBear" wrote:

I've been lurking here since May of this year and thought I'd go ahead and
announce myself. I started flying in May and am now on my third dual xc.
Flying has always been a dream of mine and I decided to "make it happen"
since I'm getting much older (55, I don't plan on becoming a career
pilot).

Hell, 55's not old!

I have about 25 hours flying time. My greatest experience so far was my
solo flight. This newsgroup presents (for the most part) a lot of good
and useful information as well as experiences. Just thought I would say
hello.

Howdy!

Have you checked out rec.aviation.student?

--
Dan
C172RG at BFM

Old October 1st 06, 12:59 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Steph

"CareBear" wrote in message
news
I've been lurking here since May of this year and thought I'd go ahead and
announce myself. I started flying in May and am now on my third dual xc.
Flying has always been a dream of mine and I decided to "make it happen"
since I'm getting much older (55, I don't plan on becoming a career
pilot). I have about 25 hours flying time. My greatest experience so far
was my solo flight. This newsgroup presents (for the most part) a lot of
good and useful information as well as experiences. Just thought I would
say hello.

CareBear

Hi, mate. Gosh you are old..............
I just got my ppl at the age of 51

Old October 1st 06, 01:08 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
CareBear

Congratulations on getting your ppl. I hope to get mine before the year is
over. Maybe someone will give me a plane when I retire . We are not old,
just sexy senior citizens.

CareBear

"Steph" wrote in message

news

Old October 1st 06, 03:57 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Mortimer Schnerd, RN

Dan Luke wrote:
"CareBear" wrote:

I've been lurking here since May of this year and thought I'd go ahead and
announce myself. I started flying in May and am now on my third dual xc.
Flying has always been a dream of mine and I decided to "make it happen"
since I'm getting much older (55, I don't plan on becoming a career
pilot).

Hell, 55's not old!

I don't know. I'm 52 and I seem to recall there being pteradactyls in the
pattern when I was learning how to fly.

--
Mortimer Schnerd, RN

Mschnerdatcarolina.rr.com

Proposal For A New Rec.Aviation Newsgroup. (WAS: McCain in '08) Larry Dighera Instrument Flight Rules 54 July 24th 06 08:32 AM
OT Newsgroup Song Shawn Curry Soaring 0 January 29th 04 05:48 PM
metric system newsgroup call for votes #1 Paul Hirose Military Aviation 72 November 16th 03 07:59 PM