Last OCS class at Pensacola Naval Air Station

Old September 21st 07, 06:11 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Tom Callahan

Default Last OCS class at Pensacola Naval Air Station

The last Officer Candidate School Class at Pensacola Naval Air Station
graduated today. Ceremonies were held in the atrium of the National Naval
Aviation Museum. The aviation branch of the OCS program will merge with the
other OCS programs at Newport, Rhode Island.

One of these new Ensigns, who was previously an enlisted woman on the Blue
Angel maintenance team, now starts her career again as an officer assigned
to NAS Oceana.

We are sad to loose the school as it was always stirring to see these cadets
marching around and working towards their commissions.

Not to worry though, we'll still see them as Ensigns learning to fly and
navigate.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0058.jpg
Views:	156
Size:	413.7 KB
ID:	17122
Old September 22nd 07, 04:23 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Tom Callahan

Hey! There were airplanes in the picture........
I know what you are saying but many readers don't visit all of the newsgroups and the key word about my post is "news" that I thought readers around the world might find interesting. Maybe I'll go to the naval group with a narrative about the day's happenings, Tom

Nostalgia, probably more fitting for rec.aviation.military.naval than for this group, but WTH Tom. As it happens, I was in the Newport OCS Class VI (25 July 1952) and what has gone around, cometh around.
Old September 22nd 07, 04:41 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
SHIVER ME TIMBERS

"Tom Callahan" wrote:

Hey! There were airplanes in the picture......

AND THERE WAS NOTHING WRONG WITH YOUR POSTING.

"Boomerang" wrote in message

Nostalgia, probably more fitting for rec.aviation.military.naval

Who **** in your corn flakes today.

I was in the Newport OCS Class VI (25 July 1952)

Who cares.
Old September 22nd 07, 04:47 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
dabears525

I agree with your posting here.
Your pictures are great and I always look forward to your postings.
Thanks Tom.
Ron Anderson

Old September 22nd 07, 12:31 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Tom Callahan

I didn't think what Boomerang said was a slap on the wrist. I had forgotten
all about the rec.aviation.military.naval newsgroup. Maybe I should post
Blue Angel photos there as well as here. And, I was glad to see that a guy
who made it through OCS in the heat of a Rhode Island summer in 1952 is
still around and reading the newsgroups. He probably went to Korea for his
first tour of duty, Tom

. ..