Preparing the Battlefied: Bush Adminstration steps up its secretmoves against Iran

Old June 30th 08, 12:06 AM posted to rec.aviation.military,rec.aviation.military.naval
NOMOREWARFORISRAEL[_2_] NOMOREWARFORISRAEL[_2_] is offline
Banned

Default Preparing the Battlefied: Bush Adminstration steps up its secretmoves against Iran

Forwarded:

Preparing the Battlefield
The Bush Administration steps up its secret moves against Iran.

http://www.newyorker.com/reporting/2...7fa_fact_hersh

Did you see the recent Reuters piece about the covert operations that
the US has been involved with in Iraq according to Seymour Hersh as he
has an article about such in latest issue of the New Yorker (see the
link above). I had tried to get Lara Logan (chief foreign
correspondent for the CBS Evening News) to do a segment about the US
sponsorship of such and was also in touch with Michael Ware of CNN
trying to get him to cover such as well (to no avail with him either).
Based on the following Huffingtonpost.com URL I can assume that both
Lara and Michael had other matters on their minds:

Lara Logan, Michael Ware Involved In Steamy Baghdad Love Triangle:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2008/0..._n_109331.html

Friend General Janis Karpinski of Abu Ghraib had told me that she was
in charge of guarding the MEK in Iraq and that Condi Rice was in the
loop with such as well.. The following article is most interesting as
well (note the Israeli mention):

Subverting Iran:

http://www.globalresearch.ca/index.p...ticl eId=5165

Here is a tiny URL of the above one:

http://tinyurl.com/yop927

Richard Perle of the 'JINSA crowd' has supported the MEK as well:

http://gorillaintheroom.blogspot.com...ention-in.html

Here is a tiny URL of the above the one:

http://tinyurl.com/5rfz5m

Here is the Reuters article (couldn't locate a URL yet though but will
post one if I can find one!):

U.S. escalating covert operations against Iran - report (Reuters) 2
hours, 40 minutes ago

U.S. congressional leaders agreed late last year to President George
W. Bush's funding request for a major escalation of covert operations
against Iran aimed at destabilizing its leadership, according to a
report in The New Yorker magazine published online on Sunday.

The article by reporter Seymour Hersh, from the magazine's July 7 and
14 issue, centers around a highly classified Presidential Finding
signed by Bush which by U.S. law must be made known to Democratic and
Republican House and Senate leaders and ranking members of the
intelligence committees.

"The Finding was focused on undermining Iran's nuclear ambitions and
trying to undermine the government through regime change," the article
cited a person familiar with its contents as saying, and involved
"working with opposition groups and passing money."

Hersh has written previously about possible administration plans to go
to war to stop Tehran from obtaining nuclear weapons, including an
April 2006 article in the New Yorker that suggested regime change in
Iran, whether by diplomatic or military means, was Bush's ultimate
goal.

Funding for the covert escalation, for which Bush requested up to $400
million, was approved by congressional leaders, according to the
article, citing current and former military, intelligence and
congressional sources.

Clandestine operations against Iran are not new. U.S. Special
Operations Forces have been conducting crossborder operations from
southern Iraq since last year, the article said.

These have included seizing members of Al Quds, the commando arm of
the Iranian Revolutionary Guard, and taking them to Iraq for
interrogation, and the pursuit of "high-value targets" in Bush's war
on terrorism, who may be captured or killed, according to the article.

But the scale and the scope of the operations in Iran, which include
the Central Intelligence Agency, have now been significantly expanded,
the article said, citing current and former officials.

Many of these activities are not specified in the new finding, and
some congressional leaders have had serious questions about their
nature, it said.

Among groups inside Iran benefiting from U.S. support is the
Jundallah, also known as the Iranian People's Resistance Movement,
according to former CIA officer Robert Baer. Council on Foreign
Relations analyst Vali Nasr described it to Hersh as a vicious
organization suspected of links to al Qaeda.

The article said U.S. support for the dissident groups could prompt a
violent crackdown by Iran, which could give the Bush administration a
reason to intervene.

None of the Democratic leaders in Congress would comment on the
finding, the article said. The White House, which has repeatedly
denied preparing for military action against Iran, and the CIA also
declined comment.

The United States is leading international efforts to rein in Iran's
suspected effort to develop nuclear weapons, although Washington
concedes Iran has the right to develop nuclear power for civilian
uses.

'-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://NEOCONZIONISTTHREAT.BLOGSPOT.COM

http://NOMOREWARFORISRAEL.BLOGSPOT.COM

June 28, 2008
America Is the Rogue Nation

by Charley Reese
One gets the impression that there are some people in Washington who
believe that Israel or the U.S. can bomb Iran's nuclear reactors, fly
home, and it will be mission complete.

It makes you wonder if perhaps there is a virus going around that is
gradually making people stupid. If we or Israel attack Iran, we will
have a new war on our hands. The Iranians are not going to shrug off
an attack and say, "You naughty boys, you."

Consider how much trouble Iraq has given us. Some 4,000 dead and
29,000 wounded, a half a trillion dollars in cost and still climbing,
and five years later, we cannot say that the country is pacified.

Iraq is a small country compared with Iran. Iran has about 70 million
people. Its western mountains border the Persian Gulf. In other words,
its missiles and guns look down on the U.S. ships below it. And it has
lots of missiles, from short-range to intermediate-range (around 2,200
kilometers).

More to the point, it has been equipped by Russia with the fastest
anti-ship missile on the planet. The SS-N-22 Sunburn can travel at
Mach 3 at high altitude and at Mach 2.2 at low altitude. That is
faster than anything in our arsenal.

Iran's conventional forces include an army of 540,000 men and 300,000
reserves, including 120,000 Iranian Guards especially trained in
unconventional warfare. It has more than 1,600 main battle tanks and
21,000 other armored combat vehicles. It has 3,200 artillery pieces,
three submarines, 59 surface warships and 10 amphibious ships.

It's been receiving help in arming itself from China, North Korea and
Russia. Unlike Iraq, Iran's forces have not been worn down with
bombing, wars and sanctions. It also has a new anti-aircraft defense
system from Russia that I've heard is pretty snazzy.

So, if you think we or Israel can attack Iran and not expect
retaliation, I'd have to say with regret that you are a moron. If you
think we could easily handle Iran in an all-out war, I'd have to
promote you to idiot.

Attacking Iran would be folly, but we seem to be living in the Age of
Folly. Morons and idiots took us into an unjustified war against Iraq
before we had finished the job in Afghanistan. Now we have troops tied
down in both countries.

For some years now, I've worried that we seem to be more and more like
Colonial England – arrogant, racist, overestimating our own capacity
and underestimating that of our enemies. As the fate of the British
Empire demonstrates, that is a fatal flaw.

The British never dreamed that the "little yellow people" could come
ashore by land and take Singapore from the rear or that they would
sink the pride of the British fleet, but they did both.

I suppose no one in Washington can imagine the Iranians sinking one of
our carriers in the Persian Gulf. How'd you like to be the president
who has to tell the American people that we've lost a carrier for the
first time since World War II?

Exactly how the Iranians will respond to an attack, I don't know, but
they will respond. In keeping with our present policy, our attack on
Iran would be illegal, since under the Nuclear Non-Proliferation
Treaty, Iran has the right to enrich uranium for peaceful purposes.

Who would have thought that we would become the rogue nation
committing acts of aggression around the globe?

Find this article at:
http://www.antiwar.com/reese/?articleid=13061

Old June 30th 08, 06:36 AM posted to rec.aviation.military,rec.aviation.military.naval
Ian B MacLure

NOMOREWARFORISRAEL wrote in
:

[snip]

Preparing the Battlefield
The Bush Administration steps up its secret moves against Iran.

How secret can they be if Fugginazi idjits like yerself`are
blattin' them about?
Besides which howja know this isn't just what the Pentagon wants
ya ta think is gonna happen?
Muwahahahahahaaaaaaaaaa!

IBM
Old July 1st 08, 09:57 AM posted to rec.aviation.military,rec.aviation.military.naval
NOMOREWARFORISRAEL[_2_] NOMOREWARFORISRAEL[_2_] is offline
Banned

Hersh: Congress Agreed to Bush Request to Fund Major Escalation in
Secret Operations Against Iran:

http://www.democracynow.org/2008/6/3...o_bush_request

AIPAC pushing US to war with Iran for Israel:

http://neoconzionistthreat.blogspot....with-iran.html

Stop the AIPAC sponsored 'Iran war' legislation calling for a blockade
of Iran (to get the war with Iran going for Israel):

http://www.warwithoutend.co.uk/zone0...ic.php?t=91563

Chris Hedges: Insane to attack Iran:

http://neoconzionistthreat.blogspot....tack-iran.html

Bob Barr: Attacking Iran Highly Irresponsible & Detrimental

http://neoconzionistthreat.blogspot....an-highly.html

A Clean Break/war for Israel agenda:

http://neoconzionistthreat.blogspot....ean-break.html

Check out the question for Scott McClellan about how the JINSA (Jewish
Institute for National Security Affairs) crowd pushed US to attack
Iraq for Israel and are now doing similar to get US to attack Iran
(how many more Americans have to die/get horribly maimed for this
perpetual war for Israel agenda?):

http://neoconzionistthreat.blogspot....ut-neocon.html

McCain is a serving Israel first traitor to America:

http://neoconzionistthreat.blogspot....subscribe.html

Israeli threat spikes our oil prices and crashes our stock market:

http://neoconzionistthreat.blogspot....prices-we.html

Would it be possible (if it isn't too late to already) to conduct a
House hearing with Flynt Leverett after what he mentioned at New
America about the Bush regime perpetuating fraud over Iran (a youtube
of Flynt conveying such is daisy-chained after the initial youtube
about the disgraceful interview that '60 Minutes' did with Ahmadinejad
via the following link)?:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=onNzr...x=0&playnext=1

The following article appeared in the 'Daily Star' in Lebanon:

Bush could do himself a favor by heeding Iran's warnings:

http://www.dailystar.com.lb/article....&categ_id =17

Here is the URL for the Bromwich piece:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/david-..._b_109868.html

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2008/0...hael-ware-i_n_...

http://www.globalresearch.ca/index.p...cle&code=20070....

http://gorillaintheroom.blogspot.com...group-to-hold-...

'--------------------------------------------------------------------------*---------------------------------

Old July 1st 08, 10:53 AM posted to rec.aviation.military,rec.aviation.military.naval,alt.music.rush
LIBERATOR[_2_]

On Jul 1, 1:57*am, NOMOREWARFORISRAEL
wrote:
Hersh: Congress Agreed to Bush Request to Fund Major Escalation in
Secret Operations Against Iran:

http://www.democracynow.org/2008/6/3...reed_to_bush_r...

AIPAC pushing US to war with Iran for Israel:

http://neoconzionistthreat.blogspot....c-is-pushing-u...

Stop the AIPAC sponsored 'Iran war' legislation calling for a blockade
of Iran (to get the war with Iran going for Israel):

http://www.warwithoutend.co.uk/zone0...ic.php?t=91563

Chris Hedges: Insane to attack Iran:

http://neoconzionistthreat.blogspot....its-insane-to-...

Bob Barr: Attacking Iran Highly Irresponsible & Detrimental

http://neoconzionistthreat.blogspot....r-attacking-ir...

A Clean Break/war for Israel agenda:

http://neoconzionistthreat.blogspot....ean-break.html

Check out the question for Scott McClellan about how the JINSA (Jewish
Institute for National Security Affairs) crowd pushed US to attack
Iraq for Israel and are now doing similar to get US to attack Iran
(how many more Americans have to die/get horribly maimed for this
perpetual war for Israel agenda?):

http://neoconzionistthreat.blogspot....cclellan-quest...

McCain is a serving Israel first traitor to America:

http://neoconzionistthreat.blogspot....ople-aware-sub...

Israeli threat spikes our oil prices and crashes our stock market:

http://neoconzionistthreat.blogspot....-threat-spikes...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=onNzr...List&p=181923B...

The following article appeared in the 'Daily Star' in Lebanon:

Bush could do himself a favor by heeding Iran's warnings:

http://www.dailystar.com.lb/article....ticle_id=93662....

Here is the URL for the Bromwich piece:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/david-...o-bush-and-che...

[...]

read more »- Hide quoted text -

Wow that's a lot of activity. Amazing work!