What It Takes (And Costs) To Fly Your Own Plane

Old December 7th 19, 03:37 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Miloch

Default What It Takes (And Costs) To Fly Your Own Plane

An interesting read...

https://jalopnik.com/what-it-takes-a...ane-1840237528

Most informative part is the comment section with opinions by plane owners and
whether it's worth the trouble when considering the cost of maintenance,
licensing etc...

*

Old December 7th 19, 01:48 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Mitchell Holman[_9_]

Miloch wrote in
:

An interesting read...

https://jalopnik.com/what-it-takes-a...own-plane-1840
237528

Most informative part is the comment section with opinions by plane
owners and whether it's worth the trouble when considering the cost of
maintenance, licensing etc...

A hole in the sky you pour money into.

As much as I enjoyed my flying days there
are limits to owing a plane. Take off, fly
around the patch for awhile, land. After a
while that isn't enough to justify the costs.

Old December 7th 19, 06:05 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation,alt.binaries.humor.skewed
Byker

Miloch wrote in
:

An interesting read...

https://jalopnik.com/what-it-takes-a...ane-1840237528

Most informative part is the comment section with opinions by plane owners
and whether it's worth the trouble when considering the cost of
maintenance, licensing etc...

Consider this:

Got a quarter-million bucks?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cognzTud3Wg

Ten reasons NOT to become an airline pilot:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mY-98PjzNlA

Take it from someone who's been the
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F8hCIolZRTU

Before long the airlines will be outsourcing their supply of pilots just
like their maintenance facilities:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lTPW4wDfz8o

Pic: I can just see Mbongo Bujumbura from Uganda trying this at FL370.

Eventually we'll have planes falling out of sky right and left...

Old December 7th 19, 06:57 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Mitchell Holman[_9_]

"Byker" wrote in
:

Miloch wrote in
:

An interesting read...

https://jalopnik.com/what-it-takes-a...-own-plane-184
0237528

Most informative part is the comment section with opinions by plane
owners and whether it's worth the trouble when considering the cost
of maintenance, licensing etc...

Consider this:

Got a quarter-million bucks?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cognzTud3Wg

Ten reasons NOT to become an airline pilot:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mY-98PjzNlA

Take it from someone who's been the
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F8hCIolZRTU

Before long the airlines will be outsourcing their supply of pilots
just like their maintenance facilities:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lTPW4wDfz8o

Airline pilots have the worst job
security on the planet. Fail one physical
and your career is over. Your airline folds,
get a job flying for a short haul operation
in Botwana or the Seychelles or Suriname.
Paid by the hour, no benefits. Meanwhile
you have 2 kids in college and a wife with
Parkinsons. Not for me..............
Old December 7th 19, 09:38 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation,alt.binaries.humor.skewed
Byker

"Mitchell Holman" wrote in message
. ..

Miloch wrote in
:

An interesting read...

https://jalopnik.com/what-it-takes-a...ane-1840237528

Most informative part is the comment section with opinions by plane
owners and whether it's worth the trouble when considering the cost of
maintenance, licensing etc...

A hole in the sky you pour money into.

As much as I enjoyed my flying days there
are limits to owing a plane. Take off, fly
around the patch for awhile, land. After a
while that isn't enough to justify the costs.

I wonder what his mama had to give the pilot in exchange for the plane
rides:

https://www.theroot.com/born-to-fly-...ldr-1839638355