Tie-down & Hanger?

Old May 15th 06, 09:27 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning,rec.aviation.piloting

Default Tie-down & Hanger?

I'm close to HEF YJO, I think those are correct IDs Manassas &
Leesburg. How would I go about finding hangers or tie-down spaces at
these two airports? What are the prices in this area (NOVA)?

Thanks to all who replies in advance.

The Monk

Old May 15th 06, 09:30 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning,rec.aviation.piloting

Look up the airport on the Internet and call the airport
manager and or the FBO on the field. There is probably a
waiting list for hangers of based aircraft. The FBO will
tell you about short term tie-down/storage.

--
James H. Macklin
ATP,CFI,A&P

some support

oups.com...

Old May 16th 06, 12:43 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning,rec.aviation.piloting

Flyingmonk wrote:
I'm close to HEF YJO, I think those are correct IDs Manassas &
Leesburg. How would I go about finding hangers or tie-down spaces at
these two airports? What are the prices in this area (NOVA)?

JYO is Leesburg. There's waiting lists for both hangars and tiedowns
at Leesburg I know. Manassas has a list for hangars (although there
are some privately owned ones that you might be able to get into). I'm
not sure where they are on tiedowns. I've got a hangar at Culpeper
and they have plenty of tiedowns available.
Old May 16th 06, 02:07 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning,rec.aviation.piloting

Thank you both Ron n Jim. Got any prices?

Monk

Old May 22nd 06, 12:21 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning,rec.aviation.piloting

Flyingmonk wrote:
Thank you both Ron n Jim. Got any prices?

Monk

I think the going rate for the close in airports is about
$450 for the hangar. If you're willing to deal with the
abuse of flying in and out of Potomac (which used to be
a nice airport, but the Secret Service ****ed that up),
then you can get a hangar a lot cheaper. I thought about
that (I used to be tied down there), but I like having
24 hour access to my plane and the runway.