(hangar queens) Somebody knows how to sell a plane: - a5_3.JPG

Old November 11th 06, 06:54 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Peter Hucker

Default (hangar queens) Somebody knows how to sell a plane: - a5_3.JPG

What does the word "propel" mean to you?

On Tue, 07 Nov 2006 13:42:58 -0000, Bob wrote:

Well what do you expect from an american dictionary.

"jg" wrote in message
American Heritage Dictionary

pro·pel·ler also pro·pel·lor (pr-plr)
n.
A machine for propelling an aircraft or boat, consisting of a power-driven
shaft with radiating blades that are placed so as to thrust air or water
in a desired direction when spinning.

Dictionary.com Unabridged (v 1.0.1)

air?screw [air-skroo] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation
-noun British an airplane propeller.

American Heritage Dictionary

air·screw (ârskr)
n. Chiefly Britis.
An airplane propeller.

Bob wrote:
Ships have propellors, aircraft have airscrews.... on the suject of
airscrews......

Bob

"Orval Fairbairn" wrote in message
news In article wnq3h.2242$Wd5.751@trnddc05,
"patricia" wrote:

On 5-Nov-2006, "Steven P. McNicoll"
wrote:

What? You shouldn't push on a propeller? Nobdy told me that.
I do not subscribe to the "never push or pull on a propeller" idea, as
the prop is often the strongest part of the plane to push or pull --
after all, it is supposed to provide all of the thrust to the plane.

Caution is required, however. Always push or pull as close to the hub as
possible and make sure that the mixture is pulled and the mags "OFF."

I say, "NEVER push on a spinner," as that can crack voth the spinner and
the backplate.

An American decided to write a book about famous churches around the world. So he bought a plane ticket and took a trip to Orlando, thinking
that he would start by working his way across the USA from South to North.

On his first day he was inside a church taking photographs when he noticed a golden telephone mounted on the wall with a sign that read
"$10,000 per call". The American, being intrigued, asked a priest who was strolling by what the telephone was used for. The priest replied
that it was a direct line to heaven and that for $10,000 you could talk to God. The American thanked the priest and went along his way. Next
stop was in Atlanta. There, at a very large cathedral, he saw the same golden telephone with the same sign under it. He wondered if this was
the same kind of telephone he saw in Orlando and he asked a nearby nun what its purpose was.

She told him that it was a direct line to heaven and that for $10,000 he could talk to God. "O.K., thank you," said the American. He then
travelled to Indianapolis, Washington DC, Philadelphia,Boston and New York. In every church he saw the same golden telephone with the same
"$10,000 per call" sign under it. The American, upon leaving Vermont decided to travel to SCOTLAND to see if SCOTS had the same phone. He
arrived in SCOTLAND, and again, in the first church he entered, there was the same golden telephone, but this time the sign under it read "40
pence per call." The American was surprised so he asked the priest about the sign. "Father, I've travelled all over America and I've seen
this same golden telephone in many churches. I'm told that it is a direct line to Heaven, but in the US the price was $10,000 per call. Why
is it so cheap here?" The priest smiled and answered, "You're in SCOTLAND now, son - it's a local call".
Old November 11th 06, 09:33 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Bob

What is it with you dipsticks.... i make a joe about Airscrews and a bunch
od anally retentive anoracks start stating of fabout semantics.

WHY DON'T YOU ALL GET A F**!&^ LIFE.

Best Wishes

Bob

news

--
http://www.petersparrots.com http://www.insanevideoclips.com
http://www.petersphotos.com

Old November 12th 06, 02:13 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Peter Hucker

I ain't an anorak, I was pointing out they were wrong.

Moron.

Bob wrote:
[...]

Mother to Daughter: "What kind of person is your new boyfriend? Is he respectable?"
"Of course he is, Mum. He's thrifty, doesn't drink or smoke, has a very nice wife and three well-behaved children."
Old November 14th 06, 02:30 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
unstable

and here I thought it was a fan.

--Chris

"Peter Hucker" wrote in
news

"jg" wrote in message
American Heritage Dictionary

pro·pel·ler also pro·pel·lor (pr-plr)

SNIP HACK CHOP GRIND BEND FOLD MUTILATE

Old November 14th 06, 10:05 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Peter Hucker

Can't have the pilots overheating.

What's that below? Judorigami?

"jg" wrote in message
American Heritage Dictionary

pro·pel·ler also pro·pel·lor (pr-plr)

SNIP HACK CHOP GRIND BEND FOLD MUTILATE

Reading while sunbathing makes you well red.

for the hangar queens [email protected] Soaring 15 December 8th 06 03:16 AM
How to sell your plane on Ebay. FLAV8R Piloting 9 November 26th 06 04:46 PM
Sell the plane? Jim Rosinski Owning 12 March 18th 05 12:07 AM
Chicken or the Egg? Hangar or Plane first? Carl Orton Owning 17 September 28th 03 05:44 PM
Plane Pocket as a hangar? Paul Tomblin Owning 9 July 7th 03 10:42 PM