RevMaster rod bolt torque spec

Old June 20th 09, 01:12 AM
Perri Bachini Perri Bachini is offline
Junior Member

Default RevMaster rod bolt torque spec

I recently bought a set of RevMaster VW I beam rods, they have 3/8 black rod bolts with no name on them. I forgot what the torque spec was and called RevMaster today but Joe was gone until Monday. Does anyone know what the torque spec is. I searched the posts and found no info and also searched RevMasters web site and only the ARP bolt torque was listed for Honda/Accura engines. Thanks in advance
Perri
Old June 20th 09, 02:39 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
flybynightkarmarepair

--
Perri Bachini

Try posting an inquiry on http://shoptalkforums.com
Those rods are probably generic ChinCom HiPo stuff, same thing all the
vendors are selling.
Is this the final assembly of this engine, or just the first "dry"
test assembly? If it's just a preliminary assembly to check
clearances, just use the manual rod bolt torque for stock rods, and
you should be good. In our slow speed engines, that MIGHT be good
enough for final, but IF those rod bolts are higher than stock
strength, you won't see any benefit from them unless you stretch them
to spec.
Old June 26th 09, 01:37 AM
Perri Bachini Perri Bachini is offline
Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by flybynightkarmarepair View Post
wrote:
[...]

Thanks for the reply. I talked to Joe at RevMaster and got the specs. He has them made to his specifications.

Revmaster for sale Robert Loer Home Built 3 December 12th 10 04:53 AM
Wood/composite prop bolt torque ELIPPSE Home Built 7 March 2nd 06 04:49 AM
mil spec bolt headstamp question Jim Burns Owning 3 June 13th 05 02:24 AM
Bolt torque Neal Fulco Home Built 1 October 16th 04 06:57 AM
Prop bolt torque setting Whunicut Home Built 2 September 4th 03 12:12 PM